All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Re: For IBS-C people new
      #130318 - 12/14/04 01:58 AM
Debs

Reged: 12/01/04
Loc: England

Hi Beth,

I'm like you go a few days doing ok then C kicks in big time for a few days, I dare not stop taking the SFS even though I still get the cramping and bloating. But better to go than not at all.

Chin up keep smiling we'll all get their someday.

Debs

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#130319 - 12/14/04 02:04 AM
Debs

Reged: 12/01/04
Loc: England

Hi Kimm

Fairly new to this, I am a C and have just started on Accacia, can you recommend how much to use ??

Not having as many (BM's) alately since starting on the Acaccia.

Debs

#130358 - 12/14/04 06:28 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

it's different for everyone....take a look at the post at the top of the board about acacia dosages

Re: Kimm new
      #130360 - 12/14/04 06:30 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

It took me about 4 months to get to 4 tbs....and I'm fine with that now....I haven't had to increase it in 6 months and it's working great!!

Check out the post at the top of the boards about acacia dosages!!

Ptillen:Still confused about Stevia-plus new
      #130493 - 12/14/04 01:43 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Okay, still not sure if stevia plus is a product that helps alleviate constipation or just a sugar substitute or both!
Tiatojoy says it does cause BM's. And I think you mentioned your earlier post that you are trying it because you are not happy with your SFS, which sounds like you are expecting the Stevia plus to also help with BM's since your SFS isn't working too well for you.

Would you mind trying to explain this to me one more time? Sorry I'm so dense on this. I would definately try this if it helped with having more BM's, but not likely to buy it just to use as a sweetner.

Thanks ptillen. Again sorry I'm not understanding your responses! I'm so tired right now, I need a nap!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Ptillen:Still confused about Stevia-plus new
      #130536 - 12/14/04 06:22 PM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

STEVIA: a product made from the leaves of a wild herb native to Paraguay. This herb has been used for centuries as a sweetener; still is, all over the world.
Here may be the source of some confusion. Since the passage of the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA), stevia can be sold legally in the United States, but only as a "dietary supplement." Even so, it can be found in many forms in most health-food stores, and is also incorporated into drinks, teas and other items (all labeled as "dietary supplements"). It cannot, however, be called a "sweetener" or even referred to as "sweet." To do so would render the product "adulterated," according to the FDA, and make it subject to seizure.
STEVIA PLUS: the brand name of a product made up of a little bit of stevia and quite a bit more Inulin (a kind of soluble fiber found in many SFS's.)
Many people prefer to use stevia as a sweetener because it is organic and not a chemical sweetener like Equal or saccharin. I believe it has no effect on the GI system.
I'm pretty sure Tiatojoy is referring to Stevia Plus as the product she's so happy with. It's the Inulin part she's happy with, not the stevia part.

Stevia is a natural sweetner...the "plus" is what helps me go new
      #130537 - 12/14/04 06:33 PM
XXXXX

Reged: 11/23/04
Loc: South East Texas

Tiatojoy new
      #130538 - 12/14/04 06:36 PM
Augie

The brand you buy --does it come in a black box or a green box, I've seen them both.

--------------------
~ Beth

#130540 - 12/14/04 06:41 PM
Augie

Sorry about the confusion. I thought you were taking stevia plus because you wanted more fiber and thus better BM's.
I realize the stevia is just the sweetner, but was just wondering if the stevia plus helped with BM's

Sorry again. I didn't mean for you to have to go through all that explanation. I didn't communicate my question clearly enough. Sorry

--------------------
~ Beth

#130557 - 12/14/04 07:28 PM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

No problem. I thought I'd give Stevia Plus a try because I'd rather use stevia as a sweetener rather than other sugar alternatives, and maybe the Plus part might be a way to kill two birds, so to speak.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 572 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 24738

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review