All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I feel siiiccckkk!
      #129680 - 12/10/04 09:17 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Yuck! Heather's diet was going great for me. Then I got pms and d about 8 days ago (which normally clears up once I get my period) however it's really hanging around this month and I feel disgusting. I've been living on soluable fibre food, immodium and antispasmodics just to be out of bed! I'm a bit concerned it might be the soy. I've had problems in the past but other than rice milk there are no rice creams, sour creams or cheeses in all of canberra!

--------------------
Amy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I feel siiiccckkk! new
      #129701 - 12/11/04 05:09 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

OH HOney!!! I hope you start feeling better soon!!! I had a bad IBS day yesterday to (i did it to myself food, stress) I realy hope you feel better!! Stay away from the soy for awhile and see if it helps!!! BIG HUGS!!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Hope you feel better soon! new
      #129706 - 12/11/04 05:49 AM
Natalie1985

Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Sorry you're not feeling good, I know exactly what those time of the month ibs days are like....its like theyre never gona end! D and periods are just the worst combination! Hope you feel better real soon, stick with the solubles until you feel a bit better and get some rest! Hugs xx

--------------------
Natalie

About that soy...... new
      #129758 - 12/11/04 03:21 PM
doubletrouble

Hi guys. Thanks for the sympathy.I'm steering clear of the soy and (I know I'm going to get yelled at) alternating between low fat milk and rice milk. I have a tiny bit more gas than usual but the horrible pains are gone and so is the d. I've had this problem before with soy. Unfortunately rice milk here is about $4 a litre (regular milk is only $3.20 for 3 litres) and just wondering if all dairy is a definate no go zone or whether some people are okay on a little of it so long as it's low fat? Plus we seem to have no such thing as rice cheese or rice cream available in canberra at all which makes things a little tough.

--------------------
Amy

Re: About that soy...... new
      #129783 - 12/11/04 07:04 PM
heather7476

Loc: South East Michigan

Hey Amy!!
I am ok with a little low fat dairy!! Can't eat a ton of it but some dosen't seem to bother me!! Took me awhile to figure out how much was to much but I have it down pretty good now!!! Here is my theroy, nothing is a no no if you can hanlde it!! hope it all works out!! BIG HUGS!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: I Understand Amy new
      #129794 - 12/11/04 09:03 PM
Amari

Reged: 10/29/04

Coming from Australia I understand. I can not find anything other than some forms of rice milk...I have only just found a soy cream cheese...Vegan chocolate is also hard to find too...and soy products.....not alot of variety and very expensive.....healthfood stores in Adelaide have very little in the way of food here...they just have vitaims and nuts....I think if you can eat a little dairy and not get ibs from it...then it should be fine....I am going to give a bit of custard a try on christmas day...see how I go....I hope that you start to feel better soon....
Take Care
A

Re: I feel siiiccckkk! new
      #129796 - 12/11/04 09:15 PM
Kandi

Reged: 12/10/04
Loc: Wisconsin

I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Hopefull when i check back tomorrow you will have good news that you are better. Hang in there!

Thank you! Think I overdid it a little though..... new
      #129798 - 12/11/04 09:53 PM
doubletrouble

I've really been missing my milk and after speaking to my pharmisist (sp?) about being on soy milk and having terrible pain and d he said that it is actually pretty common and that in some people soy can actually be a lot worse than the effects of dairy. He gave me the name of a pill I should ask my doctor for a prescription for which will help with the milk digestion, so i might give that a try. Unfortunately cause I missed my milk so much I was a bit naughty at lunch and instead of reintroducing it slowly I had a whole cup of it (low fat but still dairy) and now I have the gurgliest tummy ever! (Trying to fix that with a whole lot of buscopan and peppermint tea). Might try going slowly tomorrow And Amari Australia's range is definately pretty terrible. The soy cheese tastes like rubber, is only available in one flavour, toffutti "better than cream cheese" is pretty yummy but the rice product situation is just depressing!

--------------------
Amy

Edited by doubletrouble (12/11/04 09:54 PM)

I'm sorry you're not feeling so well. new
      #129954 - 12/12/04 05:06 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

Here's a virtual hug. I hope you feel better soon.
Chany

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3119 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1040

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review