All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Thanks For the Replies!
      #129146 - 12/09/04 09:13 AM
quietwalker

Reged: 02/19/04
Loc: West Texas

Thanks , for the ideas. I take Imodium 1/2 a pill at times when I can't get it stop.But then I get in trouble with the C. I do not eat breakfast .I drink water at all times day & night. Bottled only. I eat a Banana at around 10:00 & then take a Librax at 11:00 for Lunch. If I feel I can eat I do. I have tried all the fiber including Heather's
I started out with 1/8 tsp & got up to 2 tbsp a day. But for some reason I can not take it as it makes me feel worse.
So! I'm on my 2nd hpyn CD . I did the first one about 4 mos ago. Seem to help some.
Also yes I have had every test 2 Colonscopy. Etc. (as mother had Colon Cancer a few years so it's a 5 year thing for me.)
Anyway I know there alot of good info here & I appreciate
the 3 reply from 45 people . I was wondering if there was a
elite GROUP. Anyway I will carry on ! Thanks! I was wishing for a magic fix !

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Thanks For the Replies! new
      #129404 - 12/10/04 01:43 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

No elite-ism! Some posts just get missed or people don't know how to answer straight away and want to think about it first.

Not eating is a vicious cycle. Atm, you're body will be so unused to food that eating regularly is a major diet change for you and any diet change can cause trouble. BUT not eating will be making you worse. This might also be part of your problem with SFSs. I was asking about the tests because some people get worse on this diet and then find they're gluten intolerant so eating lots of bread and pasta hurts!

Talk to your doc about Immodium. It's possible to get the drug (Loperamide) in a liquid form that allows you to take tiny doses. I strongly reccomend taking Immodium every day as a preventative - it worked wonders for me. You just need to find a small enough dose to not make you too C.

Good luck!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2956 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 488

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review