All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Need some help!
      #128758 - 12/08/04 01:36 PM
quietwalker

Reged: 02/19/04
Loc: West Texas

I am a IBS D mostly. I have had Ibs for 6 years. I have followed diet,fiber (can not Take) I take Librax 3 to 4 time's a day. And still can't seem to get this under control. I am so tired of eating rice,pasta, drinking Fennel tea ,etc. You all know the story. I am at my end.
I work 5 days a week & every morning I have the same problem ,worrying about getting D. If I could stay home &
I feel I'd do great! Anyway I would like some idea other ,then doing stomach by pass!!!! You think?
I know it will be a better day right?
Thanks for replies.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need some help! new
      #128787 - 12/08/04 02:30 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I'm a not d, but tend to lean that way.. and had similar issues till I found this site and they talked me into trying another fiber supplement.. which ones(s) did you try- citrucel and metamucil both made me MUCH worse.. and even benefiber I had to start slow and work up to quite the amount before I got better.. then I switched to acacia and its even better!

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Need some help! new
      #129011 - 12/09/04 12:50 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Have you tried taking Immodium daily as a preventative? Plus, it sounds like you could really benefit from something like the hypno tapes - anxiety about IBS makes it worse!

I would recommend Acacia too.

Plus, have you had a colonoscopy and a celiac test?

Hi Quietwalker! new
      #129128 - 12/09/04 08:46 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Hi, I'm nelly. I'm a D too and I get the same stress in the mornings before I leave for work!! Am I going to get D? If so When and For how long??

But I take an imodium advanced in the morning and take it really easy and I'm fine. Imodium AD is chewable, with no water required (fluid in the morning starts my D). I also stay in my bed for an hour before getting up, although 1/2 an hour might work well for you. I also don't eat brekkie until I get to work, which gives my "waking up tummy" time to settle before I invade it with food.

Anyway, just some tips and tricks I use. Let us know if any of these work for you and if you need more, people here have a lot of great suggestions!!

~nelly~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7116 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 586

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review