All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: marymary new
      #129668 - 12/10/04 06:29 PM
mrsdoodlepunk

Reged: 10/08/04

Augie, I take a glass of metamucil before each meal. It seems to have really helped me a lot. I'm IBS-D. It is good to cushion your intestines with the soluble fiber before you eat.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Ptillen, I'm hearing ya! new
      #130008 - 12/12/04 11:09 PM
Taylahmai

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Western Australia

I'm almost certain that in my case, my bloat isn't caused by gas. Like you, a glass of water can set it off! I'm glad I'm not the only one! I've also just come out of a phase where everything and anything set off the expanding belly so I'm sooooooooooo relieved to say the bloat has been manageable for almost a week now - raaayyyy.

However the way IBS affects my mood is frightening. I'm still under the impression that I will beat the C and the bloat and my life will improve for the longterm. But I'm scared this may never happen indefinately and that I will one day become despondent and give up. Eeeep! I'm feeling really good now so I HOPE I survive the silly season and continue feeling good, otherwise I'm terrified of feeling so depressed again.

Well here's some xmas wishes for us all to get better and stay that way!!

--------------------
~ Live life, don't let life live you ~

Re: Ptillen, I'm hearing ya! new
      #130296 - 12/13/04 07:40 PM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

"Silly season" indeed. Avoid stress right about now is one of the bigger laugh lines I've heard lately.
I could appreciate if you'd talk more about keeping the bloat manageable. And, what you observe about what sets it off. It might make me more aware of what's going on in my body.

Butting in... new
      #130339 - 12/14/04 05:30 AM
marymary

Reged: 11/01/04
Loc: Zurich, Switzerland

Hey ptillen! I'm sorry to butt in - i read your message to Taylahmai. I have been managing my bloat for about a week and a half (hurray!!!) and now wake up with a flat tummy! The biggest change I have made is to keep control of portion size, but also, to try and take things as they come. I was stressing about when I was going to eat, what i was going to eat, where, etc for such a long time. I still do, but I try not to focus too much on it because if things don't work out as I've planned, I freak out and it starts my bloat. I totally avoid cold drinks and foods. Room temperature is fine for me though. I have started off my mornings with a cup of camomille tea before my shower so that some time will go in between the fluid and the rest of my breaky. I try to eat slow, to avoid isberg salad and cucumbers (major triggers for me), I've cut out all dairy (except parmesan...). I could blabber on more, but not sure which direction will help you (if any of what I have mentioned does?). I exercise regularly which is a must for me (I'm a C). Slowly but surely I feel as if the vicious bloating circle is losing it's hold on me. Slowly. I will succeed...

Ptillen, controlling the bloat new
      #130549 - 12/14/04 07:00 PM
Taylahmai

Well I'm a little bit down at the moment because I've found out that aloe vera juice is no good for you I'm concerned about stopping it in a hurry in case the bloat returns with a vengence and the BMs stop. Urrgghhh why did this have to happen!! Of course there's a possibility the aloe vera was doing nothing to control the bloat and encourage the BMs so we'll see once I stop it.

As for my ways to control bloating. Well it happened all of a sudden once I'd stopped taking SFS and once I'd reduced my meal portion sizes. I'm also thinking it has to do with a good dose of magnesium twice a day, a daily dose of probiotics and digestive enzymes with every meal.

Other that, excercise makes a huge difference. I have actually been cheating a little bit with food and alcohol lately but what can one expect at this time of year!! I always am careful with what I eat and drink and if I get bloated straight away I'll generally stop what I'm doing wrong. If I can survive unscathed then I'm pretty happy with myself

I suppose the biggest change came from controlling how much I eat in one sitting, and over the course of a day. But unfortunately when you're having an attack of the bloat it doesn't matter what you do and don't eat, as you would know.

Good luck! Send me an email if there's anything else I can help with.

--------------------

Re: Butting in... new
      #130551 - 12/14/04 07:03 PM
Taylahmai

Hi Marymary. Congrats to the two of us!! I too have had a flat tummy for a bit over a week now - hoorraayy!! The portion controlling really does work doesn't it. It seems to be the only thing that has worked well for me.

So am feeling pretty good at the moment. And just in time for xmas

Hope you have a good one!

--------------------

Taylahmai and Liver Flushing - anybody? new
      #130600 - 12/15/04 01:32 AM
marymary

Hey T! Yes, portion size is crucial for me. Congrats to us both for fighting against the bloat! Cheated a bit yesterday evening so have slight bloat today, but feel more in control so I think it should be gone in a day or two. On another note, I am really excited because I have heard about a liver / kidney flush that can be a help to "curing" our bloating and ibs symptoms. Will keep you posted, but in the meantime - has anybody heard about this?

Marymary - Liver Flushing new
      #130880 - 12/15/04 10:37 PM
Taylahmai

Hi MM. Do you know the name of the product? I'd be keen to know more about it. Well I have been a little bit naughty with food too so have a bit of a bloat, but nothing major which is great. We have quite a feast planned for xmas day - its summer here in Australia so we've got a lunch seafood BBQ and afternoon at the beach planned. I'm planning on being reaaaaaallly good in the lead up to xmas day so I can get away with a bit of a food and drink splurge

--------------------

Re: Marymary - Liver Flushing new
      #130893 - 12/16/04 12:03 AM
marymary

A sunny Christmas - I'd go for that! It's cold and dark and grey at the moment here in Switzerland. Have been a bit naughty with the eating so have the same strategy in mind for the next week: eat well, exercise, sleep, so that I am fit for fight during Christmas...I have decided to try the liver flush in January. Here is some info: liver flush liver & kidney flush It talks about digestive disorders and food sensitivities as a possible result from parasites as well as a "heavy" liver. A friend of mine with ibs did this a month ago and has been feeling better. She is going to redo it with me in January. I'll keep you posted! Btw, pictures a bit icky sometimes, just so you know!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1112 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5289

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review