All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
setbacks normal???
      #127901 - 12/05/04 05:48 PM
Amari

Reged: 10/29/04

Hi all,

Been on the diet for a couple of weeks now...and for the last 2days have been really bloated and the nausea has returned....Are these setbacks normal??? I think it might have been something I ate...but not too sure....

Also....it states no carbonated drinks....is Berocca the engery drink...and apsrin okay??? They are both fizzy...

Cheers...Amari

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: setbacks normal??? new
      #127904 - 12/05/04 05:52 PM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

Yes! Setbacks are defintely normal. It could be stress, or even heat (it must be stinking hot in Aussie by now!)
I find aspirin and berocca both quite hard on my tummy. Berocca because it's quite acidy, and aspirin... I dunno. Paracetamol seems to work better for me, but it's different for everyone.

--------------------
*Emma*

#127943 - 12/05/04 11:26 PM
Amari

The heat...it is starting to get that way...that's good...so everyone has them.....I'll give the berocca a try to see how it reacts with my tummy...I also have CFS so I need to get some energy!!!
Cheers, A

#127946 - 12/06/04 01:29 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

no answer on the energy drink.. but aspirin- a big no no.. I was taken off all NSAID's by my doc and it was one of a list of things that made huge leaps in my stabilizing efforts.. tylenol is fine.. and they put me on celebrex for my arthritis- its bearable except in this cold weather or when the season turns- so she figured the long term issues with it won't be an issue since I should be off it by May or June... I'll stop taking it once spring is firmly here. probably start again next November too....

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Amari - CFS question new
      #127973 - 12/06/04 05:40 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

How do you cope with energy drinks and CFS? I have Fibro and I was using lots of high energy stuff, but my doc's got me off them all now and I feel I do better without. Curious.

Re: Amari - CFS question new
      #128541 - 12/07/04 06:33 PM
Amari

I haven't really noticed any change as yet....still new to this CFS thing. I find that berocca can sometimes help..nothing really dramatic as far.....I don't know if I feel better on or off...I just have good and bad days...somedays good and sometimes haven't taken anything and some times bad...depends...
A

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5362 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1165

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review