Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Photos of Jerusalem Southern Wall excavations
      #126963 - 12/02/04 08:45 AM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

Hi everyone.
We had an amazing time. We went with a tour group and our guides were incredible. In Jerusalem they are excavating outside the Southern wall that sourounded the Temple. They have uncovered streets and dwellings from back to Herodian Times (The Second Temple). Every society that conqured Jerusalem just built their acomodations right on top of the rubble of what was conqured. At one site of the excavation they have a section showing the different society layers. We spent an entire day there! It was so cool.
Sorry I'm not so computer savy. I have no idea what a URL is. But if anyone really wants to see some of the photos from our trip go to
http://www.dotphoto.com/MemViewAlbum.asp?AID=1999940
Login as chanyf
password is casper
click on fall album
click on Israel
These are only the photos from my digital camera. I'm still wating for the disposable camera to develope. More to follow...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Photos of Jerusalem Southern Wall excavations new
      #126984 - 12/02/04 09:25 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

great pictures!!! I'm even more jealous now... ah well..

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#126990 - 12/02/04 09:38 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Chany,

The pictures are beautiful. I know you must have had a wonderful time. Lucky girl! Thanks for sharing.

--------------------
Janey

#127008 - 12/02/04 10:23 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Wow!! it was so good to see jerusalem again! I lived inside the old city for three months one winter, while I was studying there...we were right around the corner from the wailing wall...it was amazing, and covered in snow! you looked like you had such a fab time!! where did you go in tel aviv?

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#127028 - 12/02/04 11:37 AM
AnneV

Reged: 06/10/04

These are great! Thank you for sharing them. I went to Israel in 2000 and was in awe the entire time I was there. It is truly an amazing place. Anne

Glad you came back safe!- nt new
      #127086 - 12/02/04 02:03 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

thanks - nt new
      #127396 - 12/03/04 01:50 PM
Casper

I still feel like I'm walking around on a permanant high. new
      #127398 - 12/03/04 01:54 PM
Casper

Everything I saw was incedible. Israel is so up on modern technology and is perpetualy under construction making improvements. The sunsets are so breathtaking and the great thing a bout Jerusalem being mountains is that you always have a great view no matter where you're standing.

Wow! jerusalem in the winter... new
      #127401 - 12/03/04 02:18 PM
Casper

Weren't you freezing? It was so cold when we were there because thank G-d it was pouring for several days. (It still amazes me that I was glad to see pouring rain on my vacation.) I wore so many layers of clothes. On Monday we went to Chevron to the Cave of our Forefathers and the Rabbi leading the tour, told us we shouldn't pray for the rain to stop because Israel needs it so much. One of the Ladies on the tour asked if she could pray for just one day of dryness and I told her let's just pray that the rain should continue, but we should be warm. When we went to the gift shop guess what? They were selling sweatshirts!
We never made it to Tel Aviv. My Aunt and Uncle live in Rishon Le'tzion and our plan was to meet them in Tel Aviv, but my Aunt wanted us to see her new house so we ended up going there instead. They took us to the sea side for a while and we collected shells. Did you know that some of the shells had tiny holes in the top as if they were made for jewelry! My Uncle gave us a tour of Jaffa, he took us to the Old city, and then to the Shuk. Apparently he is a Shuk addict. He was beaming as he showed me around and my Aunt helped me bargin for a piece of silver jewelry I had picked out for my daughter.
Then they wanted to make us lunch... My Uncle said he would make us spaghetti. OK - Can you make it without sauce? No Sauce? No and no oil? No oil? Just plain spaghetti?... you can guess how the rest of that conversation went.
We had such an amazing time. I could tell you about the rest of the trip but you'll be here all day reading it. I'm still on a permanant high. I'm also completely jet lagged!
The rest of my photo disks should be ready Sunday, so I'll tell you more about the trip then.
How are the Apartment renovations going?
When do you think you'll be able to move in?
I just realized this is probably the wrong forum for this conversation. Oops Oh well I'll meet you in the living room next time.
Chany

Your'e welcome. Thanks for looking. -nt new
      #127402 - 12/03/04 02:19 PM
Casper

Oh! don't be. new
      #127403 - 12/03/04 02:21 PM
Casper

If it makes you feel any better this was the first time my Husband and I ever got to go. The last time I was there was over 15 years ago.
Chany

Re: Oh! don't be. new
      #127410 - 12/03/04 03:14 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Chany- I was there in '90 with a bunch of friends, the last time i was there with family was '85... but the family joke is there hasn't been a major intifada without a member of our immediate family over there.. I was there in '90, dad was there for the scuds in '91, my sister was there when this last uprising started in '01, and my dad has been there twice since.. one fo those times with my mom...

I wnat ot go back, but am afraid to.. I lived there as a child, and our old neighborhood is msotly gone due to the bombings this last tiem around.. I can't forget how many phone calls I got before I checked the news to tell me familiar locations were gone.. and then the awful one where the Hebrew U bombings happened and dad was doing a progrma there.. he was in the states at the time, but 2 of the teachers he was working with and several students were in the building at the time...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2229 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 737

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review