All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Protein Powders
      #126956 - 12/02/04 08:35 AM
Sophia

Reged: 10/27/04

Has anyone ever tried protein Powders before? I do weight training and took some today and let me just say even though it was soy it didnt and doesnt agree with me...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Protein Powders new
      #126993 - 12/02/04 09:42 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I don't take one, but I heard alot have whey in them, even if they are soy based (whey is a milk ingredient which I am sure you know_). Hmmm... fishnets has mentioned before that she uses a protein shake (she is vegetarian and I beleive she works out) but I forget the brand. I will try to do a search. I am interested in this too as I have just started an intense workout routine last weekend with a personal trainer, and will be trying to build muscle... getting that protein isn't gonna be easy!

--------------------
-Sheri

#127194 - 12/02/04 10:21 PM
Shinshi

Reged: 11/26/04
Loc: Alberta, Canada

I've seen Rice Protein Powder in a local health food store here in Canada. It may be more tolerable. I'll have to look at the ingredients next time I see it. I use egg whites right now for protein after a work out at the gym.

#127454 - 12/03/04 06:47 PM
BJake66

Reged: 10/17/04
Loc: PA

I am just coming off of a two day attack - I am IBS/C..mostly pain predominat. I haven't had an attack since I started Zelnorm and Heather's diet last month. I used to use protein shakes with whey...thought I was IBS "cured" so last week I went back to drinking them...OOOY. Monday morning I had a chocolate whey one..by Tuesday afternoon I was downing two vicodin, peppermint tea, more zelnorm. My hypnosis treatments went out the window - the attack was so bad - lol. After a couple hours it finally subsided and then happened again on Wednesday. The accupuncturist wanted me to come in while I was having an attack - lol. I will go back to using Veggie Fuel..it is the only one I have found without high fructose corn syrup in it - it is made from Soy. I bought it online. Nothing is worth risking an attack again. Good luck and let me know which one you try.

--------------------
Lisa

IBS-C, pain predominant

Try pure Rice or Pea Protein powder, without added trigger ingredients. -nt- new
      #127456 - 12/03/04 07:08 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

--------------------

#129991 - 12/12/04 08:21 PM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

Quote:

I don't take one, but I heard alot have whey in them, even if they are soy based (whey is a milk ingredient which I am sure you know_). Hmmm... fishnets has mentioned before that she uses a protein shake (she is vegetarian and I beleive she works out) but I forget the brand. I will try to do a search. I am interested in this too as I have just started an intense workout routine last weekend with a personal trainer, and will be trying to build muscle... getting that protein isn't gonna be easy!

Hi! I just saw this thread, I don't know if it's still relevent but I take an egg white protein powder called "Healthy N Fit". I've never seen any egg protein in stores, for some reason all they sell is soy or whey. I really didn't want to chance it with the whey, and I already consume soy so I didn't want to have tons of it. I must say the brand Healthy N Fit is the best mixing and tasting powder I've had Other kinds are always clumpy and nasty(not that this brand taste exceptionally good, but it's the least worst, lol). It also has some digestive enzymes in it for some reason.

--------------------
IBS-C

just bought a protein supp yesterday! new
      #129992 - 12/12/04 08:29 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

And I have to say it tastes NASTY! I can't discern the taste in my cereal, but drinking it in water *shudder*. Actually, it wasn't that bad, I just plugged the nose and gulped it down, and chased with a swig of vanilla soymilk.
I did buy a soy protein one, I usually eat alot of soy, but have not too much lately. I am using the 'Vanilla Flavored Soy Protein Powder" from Trader joes (their brand).
It was cheap, too, five bucks for a canister that has 15 servings, and I may even half the servings, so it may last me quite awhile!

--------------------
-Sheri

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 339 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 948

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review