Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: School Trouble new
      #126416 - 11/30/04 03:01 PM
EllieDot

Reged: 11/30/04
Loc: Massachusetts

Hey,
I just joined this site too, and have been struggling with IBS since I was 15, but I was just diagnosed recently. I'm now 20 and in school and am also having a lot of similar problems you are with teachers and being late and having notes- it certainly is very embarrassing and frustrating! Let's hope things start looking up for us soon! Hope you start feeling okay- hang in there!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#126478 - 11/30/04 06:32 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Hi again. I'm not sure about a lot of your meds (we have completely different names for most stuff) but if you don't mind me butting in how long have you been taking the mild birth control? I only ask as I was put on birth control a couple of times (my periods are the absolute worst time for IBS to flare up) and I've discovered that I can't take them. Every time I do I get about a week into the packet and bang, bad pain and really bad d. It's like I'm permanently having my period time IBS symptoms. I only learnt this through a whole lot of trial and error. I can't even take the mini (progesterone only) pill as it's the progesterone that makes me ill. Just a thought. I know lots of IBSers do take it without trouble.

--------------------
Amy

#126490 - 11/30/04 06:59 PM
lobstress

Reged: 11/29/04

doubletrouble, I've been taking the Myricette for about four or five years. I take it because I get awful cramps during that time and it was extremely painful. I haven't had the bad cramps since I've taken it, but I could see about coming off of it if it might help my IBS.

#126505 - 11/30/04 09:23 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

If you've been taking it without trouble in the past I'd stay on it (at least talk to your doctor about it!). I knew from the first time I took it that it was a problem. It just took me a couple more goes to know for sure. My doctor thought I had endometriosis a couple of years ago (because my IBS gets so bad during my period) and gave me a level dose pill to take (plus it was a light dose one) and after a week I had d and really bad cramps. I tried to stay on it for another 3 weeks then within 3 days of stopping it I got better. But like I said, it's always been bad for me.

--------------------
Amy

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 662 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1707

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review