All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Yeeeccchhhh and Woo hoo!
      #125527 - 11/26/04 02:35 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Hi all. If you read my living room post I took my first dose of SFS last night with a banana smoothie an hour after my dinner. I only took 1/4 of a teaspoon (recommended dose is a whole tablespoon 3 times a day) and oh my gosh! Within half an hour I felt so bloated I was in pain (imagine christmas dinner before you found this site times 3!) I also got indigestion from being so "full" adn had trouble sleeping cause I couldn't get comfortable. How on earth did you guys cope with the bloating? Should I take less? (This seems insane, I hardly took any at all). That being said (the woo hoo part) today I actually feel a tiny bit human (very unusual for me) so Woo Hoo. Anyone got any advice?

--------------------
Amy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Yeeeccchhhh and Woo hoo! new
      #125530 - 11/26/04 02:42 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hiya,
I think it is normal to have a bad reaction when you first start taking the SFS, but it should go away in time.. then it might bother you again when the fiber is increased, but also shouldn't stick around for long. Good luck! Let us know how you get on as time goes by.
I'm glad you are feeling better today.. though I don't really know what you mean by feeling human.. how do you usually feel?? In any case, if it means you are feeling better than you were before, I'm very happy for you!
Good luck!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#125532 - 11/26/04 02:45 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Was that Acacia? Cos, if so, you must be SUPER sensitive as that stuff is so gentle compared to other SFS!

The bloating will ease if you continue at that dose. I'd wait until it does before you increase it!

PS. Get some fennel tea in you at the same tim! -nt new
      #125533 - 11/26/04 02:46 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

#125557 - 11/26/04 05:10 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Thanks guys. I'll try the fennel tea. I'm taking benefibre as I'm on a bit of a budget with 3 kids (and have blown most of it on my food ) ) When I said I felt slightly human I usually feel like rubbish (sorry this must be aussie slang, I just didn't realise). Full of pains, cramps and generally just feeling iffy all the time. Today I feel like a slightly normal human being. I've only had 2 pains all day and that for me is amazing

--------------------
Amy

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5315 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2324

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review