All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Trying to be "normal." (m)
      #125194 - 11/24/04 10:37 AM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

It's so hard for me to realize I have normal days where I may go only once and that's OK. I keep waiting for the bomb to drop and have an attack or something. I actually haven't had an attack in awhile, and have had some good days. It's hard for me to just relax and realize that I'm normalizing to some degree. I guess it's been so long since I've been "normal". I guess it's called stable right?

Do any of you have that mind thing to conquer?
Happy Thanksgiving all!
Sandy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Trying to be "normal." (m) new
      #125258 - 11/24/04 02:03 PM
karmakatt

Reged: 07/27/04
Loc: Massachusetts

OMG yes!! The mind thing works overtime even when the tummy is ok!! Esp. now with Thanksgiving... I've been stable for about 3 weeks, yet I'm still making an entire "IBS Safe" meal for myself, "just in case" I have symptoms...Although I'll probably be fine, so why am I worrying so much? It's a fine line between paranoia and preparedness...

I'm glad to hear you're having good days and hope it stays that way! When the bad days happen, try to remember that it's 'just for today' - and try to take the 'long view'. You're having more good days than bad, and you'll get back on track. What helps me is having a little goodie bag full of safe snax. If my tummy starts feeling 'off', it's like a security blanket, I just switch gears & go into safe mode until I feel better. The hard part is not letting the first 'twinge' set me off into panic...

Guess this is all part of 'living' with IBS huh? Sorry I couldn't do much more than let you know there's another worry-wart out there! Good luck to you, hope you keep feeling well!

-kk

Re: Trying to be "normal." (m) new
      #125521 - 11/26/04 02:22 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Oh yep. When I started to stabilise, everyday I was just waiting for the D to arrive. It took me quite a while before I realsised I could stop taking the Immodium!

You'll get there. Just remember what you've learnt (SF first, etc) and follow it through wherever you are and you'll be less anxious.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 570 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 551

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review