All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Cooking Chicken Breast
      #124373 - 11/21/04 02:33 PM

Unregistered

How do you all cook them? I am a college student with a tiny kitchen and need the easiest way. Also can I refigerate them once cooked and just reheat them? for how long can they stay in the fridge? it is just soo annoying to have to defrost and cook one each time I want one. thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Cooking Chicken Breast new
      #124377 - 11/21/04 02:40 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

What I do most of the time is season the heck out of them, wrap them *loosely* into a foil packet, so there's a bit of "air" around them, and bake for 45 minutes or so. I actually cook them this way without defrosting; they bake just fine.

Quickest way to cook them, I think, is a Foreman grill. They take about 5-10 minutes, depending on how big they are. They come out *so* good this way, too, but the grill is a pain in the butt to clean.

I'm not the person to ask about how long chicken will keep in the fridge; raw meat never sits in my fridge more than a day before ending up in the freezer. Leftovers get 2 days. Beyond that, the boyfriend - who hasn't had food poisoning as many times as I have - eats it.

Re: Cooking Chicken Breast new
      #124418 - 11/21/04 04:07 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I second casey's cooking info... as to times.. I cook chicken in batches, and freeze it- then nuke it to defrost and eat or just take it out and put it in the fridge- great for lunch with a nukered potato at work!

sometimes I freeze it cubed and cooked with just some black pepper and then I can put it in pasta sauce or on noodles or with rice easier and add the spices at the time...

the other thing I do a lot of is make paella with just chicken in it- takes an hour at 350... 1 cup rice, 1 cup chicken broth, some saffrom (a pinch) and some other spices- depends on mood, but mostly parsley and basil, garlic and onion... maybe some carrot or other safe at the time vegetable all stirred together in a covered casserole dish with the chicken on top... once its cooked- Yummy!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1270 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 588

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review