All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: bloat and pants.. new
      #124630 - 11/22/04 11:00 AM
Meryl36

Reged: 09/03/04
Loc: Dallas, Texas

Oh, do I know how you feel girl!!!!. Before all this IBS stuff I used to wear tight sexy little dresses & now I can't. I used to be able to wear flattering pants & now I can't. I used to be able to tuck my shirt in but now.... you know the rest. I've resorted to buying clothes at least one size too big. They may not fit in the morning but at least I'm not dying by the aternoon. Either that or I wear my shirts out & undo the button on my skirt or pants.
Thank goodness I have my own office so no one really sees my clothes till I get up & if gas is a problem, I can always spray some perfume.
If you have any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them.
good luck
P.S, I REFUSE to buy maternity clothes

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Have you seen this? new
      #125343 - 11/24/04 10:09 PM
Asa

Reged: 11/24/04
Loc: KY

I am new to this site and you have hit on my whole issue for being here.....BLOAT. I can totally relate to the photo. I also took a photo like that to show my dr.

I weigh 104, I'm 5'4 and my waist fluctuates and the belly can be huge...like I'm pregnant.

What do you all do about this bloat??? How do you get rid of it?

All help will be appreciated?

Re: Have you seen this? new
      #125360 - 11/25/04 04:56 AM
marymary

Reged: 11/01/04
Loc: Zurich, Switzerland

Welcome! I suffer from the bloating and don't have any supercure, but the tips given by Heather are pretty helpful, i.e. eating SLOWLY, eating small meals, soluble fiber as base and then insoluble on top, not drinking whilst eating, not drinking (or eating) anything cold (ever at all), regular excercise, avoiding large quantities of whole nuts, a glass of wine toward the end of the meal rather than beginning or during - these are the things that have made my (pregnant) bloating less frequent. Hope you can find a strategy that helps you as well. much love, mary

Re: bloat and pants.. new
      #125364 - 11/25/04 06:38 AM
Asa

I know what you are experiencing because this is the whole reason I am on this site. I wear pants from LL Bean that are knit. I have a dressy office, but I can pull off wearing the knit pants with nice tops that I don't tuck in. I end up with a dressy sportswear look. I don't know if this look and fabric weight will work for your work situation but you can try going to the llbean.com site and doing a search for drawstring another search for elastic and see if anything looks right for you.

Acacia is really helping my bloating a LOT. GL!! new
      #125560 - 11/26/04 05:30 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

me too... new
      #125593 - 11/27/04 03:42 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

but it hasn't stopped the multiple pant sizes thing- now even when I screw up the biggest fluctuation is like 3-4 inches though... instead of never going down adn then being an extra 5-10 on top of that! I can believe my natural waistline sans bloat is a size 6, I couldnt' believe it was a 12 when I was as thin elsewhere as I was and weighed as little as I did... now I rarely need the 12's - only when I really screw up and then I don't bother and just go waistless dress or sweats... but the 6's are never comfy end of day.. soemtimes 8's are, sometimes they are tight and I really should be in 10's then... I talked ot dh about it but I think the culprit is onions and I refuse to give them up totally as there won't be a lot of flavor left in things, but I will basically stop EATING them, just leave them in things to cook the flavor and then pull the solid out and see if that helps! seemed ok last night with the gravy!

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Old Navy drawstring jeans! new
      #125792 - 11/28/04 10:50 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Amie, what about drawtstring jeans?? I found a pair not too long ago that are the most comfortable things in the world, bloated or not. Here's a pic:

They're from Old Navy and you can check them out here: web page

Theese particular pants are "just below the waist", but they have some at the waist if you prefer! Just a thought. I love mine!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Old Navy drawstring jeans! new
      #125795 - 11/28/04 10:56 AM
khyricat

I normally don't do jeans (not business casual here at work, but not casual either...) I'l hae to check them out.. but their pants always looked wierd on me when I tried them on before...

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

#125830 - 11/28/04 12:56 PM
Asa

I don't know if you saw it but I posted a message on llbean knit pants. You can go to their site and do a search in the women's knit pants area for drawstring or elastic. These pants provide a sporty casual look.

What I didn't mention before is that you can also use the virtual model on their site....eventhough that made me a bit depressed because I put in my large waist line size when I bloat up...but it gave me an idea how it would fit on me and whether or not I should purchase it.

You might also check out Lands End they also have a strech knit with elastic selection.

#125833 - 11/28/04 01:05 PM
khyricat

and so does petite sophisticate now, and my favorite pants are from their older line.. so I'm going to go try them... but thanks, I'll try the other too!

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 945 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16888

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review