All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I'm new here
      #123414 - 11/18/04 07:13 PM
Franchesca

Reged: 11/18/04

Hello my name is Franchesca. I'm new here. I have had IBS-C for as long as I can remember, I'm 33 years old and have always dealt with this condition as "this is the way I am". I feel as though It has gotten much worse in the last couple of years. I have been bloated to the point of looking nine months pregnant and suffered for days with no relief.
I actually stumbled upon Heathers book on a trip to the library with my children. I have made some major changes in my diet in the last two weeks. I eliminated dairy, which I feel has helped me immensely. I am also a total diet coke junkie so I am working at getting off of those. I would keel over and die if I tried to go cold turkey .
My question is .... I have been making quite a few of the recipes in Heather's book, taking the fiber supplements, drinking plenty of water, and was generally feeling much better until today. I felt fine this morning and had a bowl of oatmeal, awhile later had a slice of homemade bread. The next thing I know my stomach is going crazy, I vomited three times. I can't remember the last time I threw up. Do you think its the diet.. or maybe all the soymilk. I'm concerned and still feel horrible tonight. I would appreciate any input. Thank you ~Franchesca

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm new here new
      #123415 - 11/18/04 07:16 PM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

Maybe you have a bug or something? It's definitely odd to be throwing up all of a sudden. I'm pretty new around here too though, so maybe one of the others will have a better idea.

You'll like it there though, everyone's amazing and welcoming and positive and inspiring! Hope you feel better soon!

--------------------
*Emma*

#123416 - 11/18/04 07:18 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Hi and welcome! Nice to have you on board!

Could it be that you have a virus? I really don't think it's the diet, although... is oatmeal something you normally eat? If not, it could have been a bit too much for you, and bothered you, but if it's something you've been eating, I wouldn't say that's the culprit.

Anyway, welcome again - and hope you feel better soon!

#123419 - 11/18/04 07:23 PM
Rylee

Reged: 10/09/04

IBS stands for irritable "bowel". Don't know what that has to do with throwing up. I never do and have had it for years.

#123420 - 11/18/04 07:30 PM
Franchesca

Reged: 11/18/04

Yes, I am aware of what the "b" in ibs stands for.I was wondering if perhaps the change in diet was causing other problems. I appreciate your input. Thank you

#123427 - 11/18/04 07:45 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Hello and Welcome!!!

I am glad you found us!!! I am glad you were feeling better!! You may just have a bug or something or you MAY not be able to handle soy!!! If you keep throwing up you may want to call your doctor!! I realy hope you feel better soon!! Feel free to ask anything you like or just vent!!!!
We all understand!!!
Good Luck

--------------------
Heather7476

Rylee new
      #123431 - 11/18/04 07:47 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I am sorry If I am taking this the wrong way but there was no reason to be rude!! She is new and asking for help!!!
Sorry if I took it the wrong way but that is the way it came off!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Edited by heather7476 (11/18/04 07:47 PM)

Re: Rylee-so sorry new
      #123518 - 11/19/04 06:15 AM
Rylee

Oh I am so sorry if it sounded rude. I didn't mean it to sound that way. I just never associated vomiting with IBS. I could be wrong on that. I really was not trying to be rude. I love you all to death and would not wish this on anyone. So very sorry.

Re: Rylee-so sorry new
      #123522 - 11/19/04 06:23 AM
Rylee

I'm going to leave this forum now so I don't say anything wrong. I am a minister of a church. I would not be rude to anyone. Bless you all and hope you all feel better. Bye

WHY ARE YOU LEAVING???? new
      #123531 - 11/19/04 06:41 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Rylee...don't leave! Come on....please! Its just a misunderstanding..and one minunderstanding is going to make you leave a place that has made you so happy????? I don't understand!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5388 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2699

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review