All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I'm new here
      #123414 - 11/18/04 07:13 PM
Franchesca

Reged: 11/18/04

Hello my name is Franchesca. I'm new here. I have had IBS-C for as long as I can remember, I'm 33 years old and have always dealt with this condition as "this is the way I am". I feel as though It has gotten much worse in the last couple of years. I have been bloated to the point of looking nine months pregnant and suffered for days with no relief.
I actually stumbled upon Heathers book on a trip to the library with my children. I have made some major changes in my diet in the last two weeks. I eliminated dairy, which I feel has helped me immensely. I am also a total diet coke junkie so I am working at getting off of those. I would keel over and die if I tried to go cold turkey .
My question is .... I have been making quite a few of the recipes in Heather's book, taking the fiber supplements, drinking plenty of water, and was generally feeling much better until today. I felt fine this morning and had a bowl of oatmeal, awhile later had a slice of homemade bread. The next thing I know my stomach is going crazy, I vomited three times. I can't remember the last time I threw up. Do you think its the diet.. or maybe all the soymilk. I'm concerned and still feel horrible tonight. I would appreciate any input. Thank you ~Franchesca

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm new here new
      #123415 - 11/18/04 07:16 PM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

Maybe you have a bug or something? It's definitely odd to be throwing up all of a sudden. I'm pretty new around here too though, so maybe one of the others will have a better idea.

You'll like it there though, everyone's amazing and welcoming and positive and inspiring! Hope you feel better soon!

--------------------
*Emma*

#123416 - 11/18/04 07:18 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Hi and welcome! Nice to have you on board!

Could it be that you have a virus? I really don't think it's the diet, although... is oatmeal something you normally eat? If not, it could have been a bit too much for you, and bothered you, but if it's something you've been eating, I wouldn't say that's the culprit.

Anyway, welcome again - and hope you feel better soon!

#123419 - 11/18/04 07:23 PM
Rylee

Reged: 10/09/04

IBS stands for irritable "bowel". Don't know what that has to do with throwing up. I never do and have had it for years.

#123420 - 11/18/04 07:30 PM
Franchesca

Reged: 11/18/04

Yes, I am aware of what the "b" in ibs stands for.I was wondering if perhaps the change in diet was causing other problems. I appreciate your input. Thank you

#123427 - 11/18/04 07:45 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Hello and Welcome!!!

I am glad you found us!!! I am glad you were feeling better!! You may just have a bug or something or you MAY not be able to handle soy!!! If you keep throwing up you may want to call your doctor!! I realy hope you feel better soon!! Feel free to ask anything you like or just vent!!!!
We all understand!!!
Good Luck

--------------------
Heather7476

Rylee new
      #123431 - 11/18/04 07:47 PM
heather7476

I am sorry If I am taking this the wrong way but there was no reason to be rude!! She is new and asking for help!!!
Sorry if I took it the wrong way but that is the way it came off!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Edited by heather7476 (11/18/04 07:47 PM)

Re: Rylee-so sorry new
      #123518 - 11/19/04 06:15 AM
Rylee

Oh I am so sorry if it sounded rude. I didn't mean it to sound that way. I just never associated vomiting with IBS. I could be wrong on that. I really was not trying to be rude. I love you all to death and would not wish this on anyone. So very sorry.

#123522 - 11/19/04 06:23 AM
Rylee

I'm going to leave this forum now so I don't say anything wrong. I am a minister of a church. I would not be rude to anyone. Bless you all and hope you all feel better. Bye

WHY ARE YOU LEAVING???? new
      #123531 - 11/19/04 06:41 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Rylee...don't leave! Come on....please! Its just a misunderstanding..and one minunderstanding is going to make you leave a place that has made you so happy????? I don't understand!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Come BAAAAACK! new
      #123562 - 11/19/04 07:26 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Oh my (now that's a phrase I NEVER say in real life! ), I seem to have started an evacuation! Everyone's so touchy!

Heather - chill sweetie, I think there's amisunderstanding going on here!

Rylee - misunderstanding! Don't go...we like you!

Rylee!!!!! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE!!!!! new
      #123571 - 11/19/04 07:46 AM
heather7476

DON'T LEAVE!!!!!! OMy Goodness!!! I never ment to make you want to leave!!! I knew I should have kept my mouth shut!!!! OY!!! I am sorry. It just came off wrong that is all!! It can be hard sometimes on here to understand what people are trying to get across!!! I am so sorry for this misunderstanding!!!!!! PLEASE DON"T LEAVE!!!!!!!
I have Major PMS and I am sorry I should have not said anything while this grumpy!!!! Please don't leave!!!!!!
I just didn't want the new girl to leave either!!! O Well what a mess!!! I am sorry!!1 PLEASE DON'T leave!!!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#123579 - 11/19/04 08:02 AM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

Rylee,

Please don't leave the board. Misunderstandings happen all the time. Being a minister understanding, I am sure you have forgiveness in your heart.

We are only human, but GOD is Supreme. Look to him for your guidance. Do as he does, he forgives us continually as you well know.

Stay with us. We need God more than we do each other and you are a representative of HIM. I feel we are blessed to have you aboard.

I look to him for all things. I pray for your return.

DON'T LEAVE.

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

Edited by Healing (11/19/04 08:09 AM)

Re: Rylee!!!!! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE!!!!! new
      #123619 - 11/19/04 09:01 AM
Rylee

Thank you all so very much. I am glad I checked back because I wasn't going to. I am going through a lot of things right now as I sit here with tears running down my face so excuse me if I am touchy. I have a daughter that was crippled but has had surgury to straighten her legs a few years back, she married a wonderfull man and I now have a brand new grandaughter who is two months old and have just found out she has this also. I passed this genetic problem on to them even though I do not have those problems myself. I really believe it was because of my faulty eating all my life even though doctors don't believe that. I know I should be the one who can handle these problems but right now, I feel like I can't. I have to keep reminding myself that God has a plan for my life and my beautiful grandaughter. I was just feeling like I can't do anything right. I am truely sorry and not angry with anyone. I do love you all. )))HUGS(((

Re: Rylee!!!!! new
      #123621 - 11/19/04 09:07 AM
heather7476

HUGE HUGS!!!

I am so sorry about you grandbaby!! Of course this not your fault!! I hope your grandbaby is ok!!! Please feel free to come to living room and talk about his whenever your feeling blue!! We ae here for you!!! Once I again I am so sorry!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Rylee, don't blame yourself! new
      #123631 - 11/19/04 09:16 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Oh Rylee, don't blame yourself, genes are complicated and very rarely would something like this have any link to eating etc. Listen to what the drs are saying to you they are the experts, concentrate on supporting your daughter and granbaby and realise that what has happened is unfortunate but that you have to deal with it now and you are the best person to help your daughter through it as you have been there yourself when she was sick.

So glad you came back!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Oh no! Rylee! new
      #123675 - 11/19/04 10:54 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

What's wrong with your grandbaby? Is it being nosy????

Come chat!

Re: Oh no! Rylee! new
      #123706 - 11/19/04 12:45 PM
Rylee

My grandaughter has a gentic bone problem. She cannot absorb Phosphorous, a mineral that binds with calcium to form hard bones and teeth. For those that don't know of this rare disorder, phosphorous is in just about everything you eat. Lots in junk food and sodas as well as meat. The only way to not get enough of it would be to not eat much which I didn't. She will have very soft bones that will bend and teeth that will not hold up. She may end up being short and taking meds 6 times a day for the rest of her life and lab work at least once a month. But it does not shorten a persons life. My daughter has it but had a lot of friends, is very pretty recieved her masters degree and is doing fine. We knew this was a possibility but she wanted a child sooooo bad. Thanks for asking.

Sorry to get off subject people.

Multivitamin ....Please new
      #123708 - 11/19/04 12:57 PM
Rylee

Please take a multi-vitamin for those of you that can't eat as well as you should. Try to find ones without a lot of additives or chemicals added. I use Nature Made brand because some others would upset my system. Take them BEFORE you get pregnant if you plan on having children. I lived on a bad diet before I became pregnant with my daughter. About 200 to 300 calories a day. I lost 40 lbs in 2 months. I was worried about gaining too much weight while pregnant so I lost a bunch first. Big mistake. What you do to your body before you get pregnant matters as much as what you do after you are pregnant. I was a dumb young kid.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 7041 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2701

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review