All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Daliatree, I am almost all packed!
      #122888 - 11/17/04 03:11 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

Wow! You really have been all around the world! What was that like? The only places I've been outside the USA were Israel and England. Did you take lots of photos and make a scrap book? (I'm kind of a scrap book nut.) If that travel bug is biting I would suggest go for it whiel your apartment is under construction. That's always the best time to go away. Watching destruction even if it is part of the renovation process can be VERY stressfull.
I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who's aneurotic packer. As far as kids are concerned... lets just sy I start packing at least a week in advance...
Tonight I am taking my daughter to get her Karate test. She's up for a green belt. I hope she gets it. It will be a nice sendoff for me and David. (She'll probably get it... We already celebrated this morning with a trip to starbucks before School - for her not me- and a shopping trip. She was two hours late, but I felt we needed a little mother - daughter bonding time before I left the country.)
Well ... off I go.
Chany

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Daliatree, I am almost all packed! new
      #122975 - 11/17/04 06:25 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

you must be so excited!! that is so cute about your daughter...I loved it when me and my mummy would go out, just me and her, to a cafe...it felt so special. I always go to starbucks and have their 'calm' tea.
you can see some of my travel photos on:
http://photos.yahoo.com/asafspics
I haven't made a scrap book yet of the proper photos because I am useless and lazy!! I am not a very creative person (way more scientific) but just last night was thinking about how much I could be doing that now!
Travelling was unbelievable...just me and my backpack for 9 months. Its very challenging because you are constantly going to a new place, new language, new currency, new faces. But it really humbles you...people are so wonderful everywhere. I can't wait to go again.
Have a fantastic time in Israel!!!!
lots of love XXXX

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

We're seeing Green! new
      #122981 - 11/17/04 06:47 PM
Casper

My daughter passed her karate test with flying colors - lol-Great photos Dalia! You have to get them into an album so you can show them off to anyone who walks in the door.
All packed - but now my friend Sheryl e-mailed and told me that rainy season has begun early - so I think a bit of repacking is in order -
I don't think I'll have access to a computer there so I guess I'll be board deprived. I think I'll miss this web site almost as much as my kids - well ok maybe not that much - but I really enjoy this chatting we do.
Well, bye for now. Lots of luck with the renovations and moving in. HAve a great Thanksgiving. Eat safe.
Hugs
Chany
P.S. Asaf is realy cute. You guys look great together.

Re: We're seeing Green! new
      #122982 - 11/17/04 06:53 PM
daliatree

hahahaha thanks very much!!! Did you get to looks through all the albums already?? Don't worry, there is no real rainy season in Israel - when it comes, its torrential, but it doesn't last long. Jerusalem will be pretty chilly at this time of year, esp at night. You will def get lots of sun! Will miss you
XXXX

--------------------

What do you mean ALL the albums? new
      #122986 - 11/17/04 07:03 PM
Casper

I only saw one.
How cold does jerusalem get? I packed for fall weather.
Chany

Re: What do you mean ALL the albums? new
      #122987 - 11/17/04 07:12 PM
daliatree

there is an album for each country!
uhhmmmm it gets pretty chilly...but it can depend. I would definetly bring coats but not like new york winter coats...but during the day may reach t shirt weather...

--------------------

Hope you don't mind... new
      #122993 - 11/17/04 07:40 PM

Unregistered

but I looked at your photos and they are absolutely amazing! I want to travel like that! Over the summer I spent a month in Italy studying and went to Paris by myself for a little before I came home but the traveling bug has bitten me bad and I just want to see the world! I'm so jealous of you! How did you find time to do all of that?? Well thanks for sharing them!

Re: Hope you don't mind... new
      #123001 - 11/17/04 07:58 PM
daliatree

Of course I don't mind!!!
I'm so happy you saw them!
I always dreamed that when I did the good girl thing and finished my first degree, that I would travel till satiated. I spend a summer in India in 2001 and loved it and was so upset to come home after 6 weeks so promised myself I would do it properly when I could. I temped for 10 months, saving money for the trip..booked some round the world tickets and left!
The best part of the story is that four months before I left I joined my first ever internet forum - travel one used by half a million people - and accidently met a guy there. We fell in love over the internet and met a day before we left for New Zealand. he is now my husband!!

--------------------

Re: Hope you don't mind... new
      #123023 - 11/18/04 03:47 AM

Unregistered

What a fantastic story! He seems like a really great guy from the pictures! lol And cute! I think that's what'd I'd call fate working out right. Can't wait till you go on another trip so I can see some more pics!

WOWOWOWOWOWOW Dalia new
      #123024 - 11/18/04 03:57 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

OMG Dalia!! You're so beautuful! Did you cut all of that gorgeous hair off though? You profile pic looks like it's shorter.

I dream of travelling like you've done. That's VERY admirable. That's great that you met your husband travelling too.

You seem like such a free spirit!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 478 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1123

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review