All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Recovering From the Stomach Flu
      #122716 - 11/17/04 07:30 AM
Ana Maria

Reged: 03/24/04

Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted in a very long time because I've been trying to keep my stress level down and found that trying to keep up with this board became a problem for me...

I'm a C and had been doing pretty well (on and off...) with Heather's diet since about March of this year. A few weeks ago I introduced a Magnesium supplement and that seemed to help a lot - I was having a BM every morning and that was HEAVEN!

I am now recovering from a nasty stomach bug where I was vomitting and had D - YUCK! I was wondering if anyone had any tips for getting these bowels working like they were before the bug!!! I read that Dalia had a bug that caused her problems too. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks so much!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Recovering From the Stomach Flu new
      #122729 - 11/17/04 08:36 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

hey, its me!! There is every chance that you will go back to normal on your own, in a normal persons time (that has happened to me too after bugs, don't know why last summers one killed me so much)..but I would take probiotics aggressively, eat very simple and plain for a while, drink lots of fluids and take it easy but still get lots of fresh air and gentle exercise. How long did your bug last and did you have a fever? So sorry to hear of your suffering...

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Re: Recovering From the Stomach Flu new
      #122901 - 11/17/04 04:03 PM
Ana Maria

Reged: 03/24/04

Thanks Dalia for your reply. I was sick for about 5 days with a low grade fever. The doctor told me I had a "bowel infection" / "gastroenteritis". It was just a mess of vomitting and diarrhea...now, a few days later I'm C and I'm a little concerned about how long this will last!

I'm doing all the things I usually do - tons of water, acacia twice daily, magnesium twice daily, tons of peppermint tea, safe foods with insolubles etc. I was hoping there may be tips on how to "recover better"

Thanks again for your reply!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3123 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 471

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review