Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Nausea
      #122538 - 11/16/04 04:16 PM
sarahinoz

Reged: 11/09/04
Loc: Melbourne, Australia

Hi,
I dont know if this is the right board to post on so sorry!

I have been feeling nauseous since February this year, so almost a year, and it just wont go away. Is this common with IBS? I dont know if I have IBS but the symptoms sound like me (wierd BM, bloating, etc), but I wasnt sure if constant nausea was common.
Does anyone have any tips for getting rid of the nausea? And if I do have IBS, is there any way I can expect to ever feel normal again? I'm losing my mind!

~Sarah~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Nausea new
      #122541 - 11/16/04 04:20 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Hello Sarah
yes yes and yes. Nausea is a symptom of IBS and is one of my main symptoms. The worse your bowels are, the worse the nausea will be, so the key is to get the bowels under control...start heathers diet...
Meanwhile - go to the doc and get a prescription for anti nausea meds (domperidone is very good), get some crystallised ginger and chew on it, make fresh ginger root tea, and eat dry bread...all really helps.
There are many different forms of nausea - hunger emptiness nausea, constipated nausea, pooing waaaaay to fast D nausea, bloated nausea...all the different ones respond to different methods so you have to learn when to eat, when to drink ginger tea and when to stick your head between your knees, breathe and pray for it to pass.
It WILL get better...I promise..work on the bowels...

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#122561 - 11/16/04 04:59 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Hi Sarah,

The nausea was half of what sent me to the dr (cramps were the other half)

The diet really helped to get rid of it and I only get it now if I eat "bad things" or eat too much. I used to find that for sudden bouts of nausea fresh air was a quick fix.

Sinead

Sinead

--------------------
S.

#122578 - 11/16/04 05:18 PM
Amari

Reged: 10/29/04

Hi Sarah,

I too get nausea. Alot here suffer with it. I find that when I get it just to sit down and relax until it passes help. Cinnammon tea also helps.
I have had nausea for about three years, so I know how you feel, it drives me around the bend too!!....I have only recently started Heather's diet and I am finding that it is working well by just avoiding the trigger foods. I still have some bad nausea...(like today..tummy playing up) but I am still getting my bowels regulated and back to good....
I hope that you can find something that works for you!!

Amari

#122634 - 11/16/04 06:38 PM
sarahinoz

Thanks guys, good to know that I'm not alone!

I'm going to start on the diet and see how I go, but I cannot give up chocolate! That's just criminal!

~Sarah~

Chocolate new
      #122656 - 11/16/04 08:13 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Sarah, sweetie, I know its hard, but you MUST give everything up that could be a trigger and start from the beginning. We have all been there. Bake some of the antidepressant brownies to give you a chocolate kick, but please please please give up real chocolate (at least for now) - give your body a chance to rest and get better...please!! You can do it!!!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Chocolate! new
      #122691 - 11/17/04 05:30 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

It's just for a little while, I promise. You need to cut out ALL the baddies at first or your system doesn't get a chance to settle down. Make ADBs for that chocolate fix!

And when you're doing a bit better, then you can eat chocolate again - admittedly in small quantities after SF, but I use that as my excuse to only buy the best chocolate!

Re: Nausea- Sarahinoz new
      #122714 - 11/17/04 07:24 AM
cailin

i have said this MANY times- but it deserves repeating

If I can give up chocolate ANYONE can!

I had at least one bar of chocolate every day and get cranky if I didn't get it, my last chocolate was the day after my colonscopy, 10th August this year. I have eaten ADBs and chocolate flavoured stuff that is made with cocoa but none of the hard stuff. If you equate the chocolate with the pain it really isn't that hard.

YOU CAN DO IT!!

--------------------
S.

Re: Chocolate new
      #122959 - 11/17/04 05:31 PM
sarahinoz

Ok.

I'll do my best, but its going to be really hard!

So do I need to give up all chocolate or just solid chocolate? Because I have hot chocolate with drinking chocolate powder, is that ok?

And what about lollies? (or candy, for all you americans!)
I work in an office and we eat a lot of lollies and chocolate, if I give up the chocolate can I still eat the lollies, the sugary ones?

Today is my first day on the diet, i have a plain pasta and baked chicken salad for lunch today!

~SArah~

Re: Chocolate new
      #122962 - 11/17/04 05:36 PM
cailin

you can still have the lollies, (we call them sweets here) as long as they are HFCS and dairy free. I don't know about Oz but there's very little HFCS in stuff here (if there is it usually is called corn syrup) I eat jelly sweets (like jelly babies, gummi bears etc..haribo brand are great if you have them) I also devour marshmallows and boiled sweets too. I have a VERY sweet tooth and am surviving just fine!

Anything that has chocolate is bad but cocoa is OK, so you can have things like CocoKrispies, check out the anti depressant brownies which are entirely safe. You can drink cocoa, eat chocolate flavoured soy desserts (really good if you dip ginger biscuits in them)

Good Luck, and like I said, If I, a self confessed chocoholic can do it so can you! Let us know how you do!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2367 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1094

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review