All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Question To Anyone who is Stable
      #122198 - 11/16/04 05:51 AM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

I forgot to take my active birth control pill on Saturday and Sunday I was supposed to be on the placebo. Instead, I had to take the pill I missed. I always get my period on a Wednesday. Does this mean I will be getting it a day late? Has this ever happened to anyone?

Also, for the past monthI have had bm daily even the week before my period, without a problem, which is great. My question is, usually I get bad D the day of my period. I usually take half an Immodium to prevent it, but last month I took it and I was backed up for a few days. Should I take the half Immodium just incase and maybe I won't have D? Or could it be since I am regular now, I won't be backed up from a week of C, that I might not have D, the day of? I just don't want to mess up my system or have a bad day of D at work. Thanks.

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Any IBS A's or C's able to answer this? new
      #122210 - 11/16/04 06:10 AM
Sweetd

Can any of you answer the post that I have above? Thanks.

--------------------

Re: Question To Anyone who is Stable new
      #122212 - 11/16/04 06:18 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

sweetd I always just call the nurse at my doctor's surgery and check with her when I miss a pill, I find it all SOO complicated! That's why I put my head in the sand when you asked!
what you said about not needing the imodium makes sense to me, but I guess you need the opinion of another C-er, I am an A-er.
Sorry I can't be of any more help,

Sinead

--------------------
S.

#122213 - 11/16/04 06:21 AM
Sweetd

Thanks.

--------------------

#122250 - 11/16/04 07:25 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

being unable to take hormonal birth control- no answers there.. but as to the other- I'm an A but I'd skip the immodium until you feelt he D start or the first bout of it... I used to take it as a preventative and succceeded in backing myself up at a time when I used to need it.. and winding up C instead of D one month...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

khyricat new
      #122252 - 11/16/04 07:30 AM
Sweetd

The same thing happened to me! When before I was stabel it would only back me up for a day! Thanks, I will try that.
Does it stop the D in it's tracks, when you take it when you feel the D coming on?

--------------------

#122327 - 11/16/04 09:03 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Your period may be a day late, or it could be a day early!! When I would miss one of my last pills before my period, it could go either way, sorry-not much help I know!!

I would wait until you actually feel the D coming on before taking any immodium!

Girls on BC pills-if your period makes you ibs worse, as is usually the case, talk to your obgyn about "piggy backing" pills. This means you skip the inactive pills and go right into a new pack. This lets you skip periods. I was to a point where I would only have 2-3 periods a year, it was heaven!! When you first start doing this you will probably have some break through bleeding. Stick with it, that only happened to me a couple of times and for years I only had a few periods each year! Its perfectly safe. They even have a new pill out now called Seasonal, its basically three months of pills in one pack so you have a period 4 times a year!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#122338 - 11/16/04 09:17 AM
Sweetd

Thanks Michelle for your advic. I would love to have it a few times a year!

--------------------

Michele new
      #122343 - 11/16/04 09:24 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

This is what I've done-- stopped my periods altogether with the depo shot. I was spending 4-5 days in bed with cramps from endo every month and my IBS was totally out of control. I was having D 11-20 times a week, every week.

No periods is great! I'm happily period free since 1999 and my IBS has never been better!!

~nelly~

#122359 - 11/16/04 10:18 AM
NikkiZ52

Reged: 05/16/04

When I miss the last pill of the cycle, I usually get my period a day late. I would be prepared for it to come wednesday though, since everybody is different.

As for the Imodium, I am not sure because I am an IBS-D...sorry!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 694 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2173

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review