All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS-D ers
      #121805 - 11/15/04 07:40 AM
NikkiZ52

Reged: 05/16/04

Do any of you also have frequency? What was the thing that helped you the most with that? The SFS has helped the D a lot, but I am still going a lot. What should I try next. Any advice would help. Thank you.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS-D ers new
      #121808 - 11/15/04 07:52 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Immodium is a god-send! I took one tablet every morning for a few months and that REALLY helped to stabilise me.

Keeping up with the SFS and the diet will also help. Plus, as you get less symptoms, you'll have less anxiety about the IBS which IMO makes the frequency problem worse.

I agree new
      #121857 - 11/15/04 09:40 AM

Unregistered

I loved Immodium there for awhile and I always make sure I carry it with me. I was put on antispasmodics too which I like to think helped me some too. Altoids are a godsend too and I always pop several of those after I eat because they really calm your stomach. Any other questions?? I hope this helps!!

#121924 - 11/15/04 10:49 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I take one or two imodium in the morning on an empty stomach, and 3 imodium with lunch. It stops the frequency and severity of the D and bms in general.

It also helps a lot with the urgancy-- even when my bm was normal I'd have terrible urgancy. Now I have more control, and can schedule bathroom breaks around when it's convenient to go. Boy does that help with the anxiety too. It's a trickle-down effect (NO PUN!).

~nelly~

#121953 - 11/15/04 12:22 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

yeah.. i hear ya.. my probably is exactly the opposite.. since starting the SFS about six months ago.. my bm are less frequent.. but still D. it's an interesting phenomenon. I too take immodium though.. immodium advanced cause regular immodium started making me gassy.

--------------------

My $ .02-- new
      #121971 - 11/15/04 01:07 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I find SFSs are tricky with my D. When I take them I have to regulate it by taking more imodium to counteract the urgancy to go the SFS gives me. For me, it's like diabetics regulating the balence between sugar and insulin. It's a balence for me, totally. The dance of the gut.

~nelly~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2960 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 558

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review