All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Thanks Augie...good luck too! -nt- new
      #122708 - 11/17/04 07:10 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

--------------------
Natalie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Take SFS or not new
      #122721 - 11/17/04 07:53 AM
KimGun

Reged: 10/15/04
Loc: St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Caribbean

I have been trying the benefiber for about 3 weeks, and my stomach seems as though it is starting to settle. I am not having any bloating as a result now, which is really good, but am still working on the constipation. I would recommend giving this one a try ... not the tablets which contain some sweetener, but the powder which dissolves compeletely in liquid.

Re: daliatree new
      #122726 - 11/17/04 08:26 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

hey sorry I didn't answer this in your original posting to me! I am not sure which one I am going to try next...I haven't given it too much thought because the thought of the acacia and how it was is putting me off! but I won't allow it to put me off forever...I had my period this week which made my IBS weird, and am going away next week for thanksgiving with my inlaws, so don't want to do anything that might bring on attacks...are you considering going on one other then acacia?

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Re: Take SFS or not new
      #122739 - 11/17/04 08:58 AM
bellshel32

Reged: 10/28/04
Loc: Kansas, USA

I've tried Benefiber. It didn't seem to help with my C. But I didn't have any bloating problems either. Right now, I'm trying Konsyl (psyllium fiber). It doesn't dissolve like Benefiber. But it has no sweeteners. I've had a little gas, but not bad. It's only my second day using it faithfully, so we'll see.....

Rylee new
      #125055 - 11/23/04 07:22 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

How many fibercon tabs do you need to take in a day to be stablize? Are you and IBS-C OR IBS D?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: daliatree- Did you ever start on a new SFS?-nt new
      #125056 - 11/23/04 07:23 PM
Augie

--------------------
~ Beth

#125069 - 11/23/04 08:53 PM
daliatree

nope not yet....in the days I was recovering from the acacia attacks I got my period (my first one off the pill in five years) so that made my IBS a little on the over active side (nothing bad) and now I am about to go away for thanksgiving and seeing the reaction I had to the acacia I am not willing to ruin my holiday with risking a new SFS...I would prefer the mild discomfort of my everyday IBS on the very very safe diet...I don't know if I will try another one...I mean...I've been doing a lot of thinking and I think my IBS (and the gastro doc supports this) deterioated so badly over the last 6 months because of a parasite and it is slowly returning to the way it was before (IBS which effects my daily life but it NOT terrifying..just uncomfortable)...I want to give it a chance to calm down itself...that being said..i think I am going to try a new SFS, just haven't decided which one...that was a confusing answer, wasn't it...sorry (am sleepy..bed time now!). Why, are you on the acacia and unhappy?

--------------------

#125164 - 11/24/04 07:58 AM
Augie

No, I'm on citrucel and unhappy. Up to 6 or 7 grams and still having cramps, bloating, gas, and not able to get regualar BMs yet. I'm thinking of going off SFS altogether but others swear by them and I think I need something to help me go. Just don't know which one to turn to, if any, and what my optimal dose is. There are so many to choose from! I which you could just know which is best for your body and what dose gives best results with least amount of additional symptoms (bloating, cramps) which I've heard SFS's can do. UGH this is really frustrating me!

--------------------
~ Beth

#125179 - 11/24/04 08:17 AM
daliatree

sorry to hear its not going well...soooo frustrating (believe me, I relate!)...have you thought about trying acacia...most people do so well on it...I was a really unique case....

--------------------

#125181 - 11/24/04 08:21 AM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

I am on acacia, and I am doing awesome! I am up to 2T & 1/2 teaspoons now, and I have stopped increasing about two and half months ago, because I became stable. I tried Fibercon, I was on it for six months, and when I would increase I would get D.

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 515 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5421

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review