All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
probiotics
      #121481 - 11/13/04 11:06 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

take them on an empty belly or a full one???

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: probiotics new
      #121496 - 11/13/04 12:32 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I take mine reight before I eat lunch and dinner!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

My probiotics bottle sais take with food. new
      #121582 - 11/13/04 08:35 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

I usually have it right after breakfast. Do you think it would be safe to take another one after dinner?

Re: My probiotics bottle sais take with food. new
      #121590 - 11/13/04 09:25 PM
daliatree

hey Casper...getting excited for the holy land? :-)
you cannot overdose on probiotics..so go for your life!!

--------------------

Daliatree you have no idea! new
      #121742 - 11/14/04 07:07 PM
Casper

I am counting down the seconds! Tonight I went to my in-laws for dinner and handed them the instructions for caring for my kids and I thought wow! We're really going!

Probiotics. Wow! One of G-ds major wonders aren't they. But they can be a bit pricey. I think I'll stick to one a day unless I'm having a really bad day.

How did your second interview go?

By the way - My Mother-in-law is really gung ho about my new diet. She made sure to have mashed potatoes and oven "fried" chicken for me tonite!

Wow - talk about jumping form topic to topic.

Casper new
      #121753 - 11/14/04 09:04 PM
daliatree

Yay!! So excited for you!!! And its so lovely of your mother in law to whip out your tummy friendly food - mine is amazing about doing that and respecting my diet without judging me one bit!!
I take Jarrodophilus EPS and its 12 dollars or so for a big box of 90 I think...I started them in Israel where it was four times the price, so for me, its really cheap now!!
My second interview hasn't happened yet because the lady became ill...thanks for asking!!
Lots of love, dalia

--------------------

Hi Daliatree new
      #122059 - 11/15/04 05:29 PM
Casper

Can you get Jarrodophilus over the counter. Right now I'm taking Florify. It's 12.99 for a bottle of 30 pills, but it has asidophilis (however you spell that) in it.
Here's my long story made as short as possible.
My friend got involved in this company called Mellaluca. They sell all natural products, no toxins, best of health yadyadayada. So she invited me over for the sales pitch and the man pitching the sales starts talking about multi vitamins. Well I burst out with my desperate cry for help. I CAN'T TAKE MULTIVITAMINS THEY MAKE ME SICK.
At the end of the meeting, he spoke with me and later on that night conferenced called me with a nutritionist in NY who recommended the Florify which worked wonders. When I got back in touch with her a few weeks later I had had another attack that my Dr. thought was appendicitis and had spent 24 hours in the hospital waiting to rule it out.
What she said summed up to - you're a big girl with a computer - research your problem ... and I did ... and I found Heather's site... and I lived happily ever after.
So anyway - I'm cautious about switching suppliments because thia is what my nutritionist reccomended. But when I get back from Israel, I think I'll have a little chat with her about Jarrodophilus.
I hope I didn't bore you to tears
Three days and counting!
Chany

Re: probiotics new
      #122061 - 11/15/04 05:33 PM
Taylahmai

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Western Australia

My naturopath told me to take my probiotics 20 minutes before food, but I've read elsewhere to take them with food. Frusturating ..... who's right??

--------------------
~ Live life, don't let life live you ~

Re: Hi Daliatree new
      #122071 - 11/15/04 06:02 PM
karenj

Reged: 10/29/04

So are you still taking the Florify?? I purchase from Melaleuca too and I love their stuff - the vitamins are great and I have the Florify in my cabinet but was always afrid to take it because I have been on new medication for my stomach (gastritis - not ibs) and I wanted to be sure that I knew if it was working or not so didn't want to try something new at the same time. I heard though that in the beginning of taking the Florify (and probably any other probiotic) that you don't feel too great for the first few days because it is getting rid of the "bad stuff" out of your body...is that true???

Casper new
      #122114 - 11/15/04 07:16 PM
daliatree

of course you didn't bore me! if you saw drastic results with Florify then I wouldn't move off it! jarro has acidophilus and lots of other strains of probiotic bacteria...I haven't seen a drastic improvement but take it anyway to try and get the best that I can!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3515 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1865

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review