All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Pancake Breakfast?
      #121442 - 11/13/04 06:38 AM

Unregistered

I am going out this morning to a pancake house for breakfast. is anyone ok eating plain pancakes..or what would you all recommend? thanks so much!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pancake Breakfast? new
      #121469 - 11/13/04 08:42 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Oooh, pancakes are tricky. You'd think they'd be safe, but they aren't - most contain dairy and whole eggs, and sometimes oil, making them too high in fat.

If they can make omelettes using Egg Beaters or just egg whites, you'd be safe with a non-cheese non-meat omelette, like maybe mushroom or something. White toast, no butter. Skip the hash browns - they're fried. Um... hmm. Maybe a bagel, no butter, no cream cheese. I think that's about all of your options in the average breakfast joint. Unfortunately, pancakes, waffles, and things like muffins are all out.

so true.. new
      #121471 - 11/13/04 09:06 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

unless you make them or are in a place that makes them low fat and vegan- you aren't likely to find many breakfast foods.. I tend to eat at home.. or I do a plain bagel with smoked fish on it.. or egg white omelettes and things like that with dry toast...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: so true.. new
      #121497 - 11/13/04 12:33 PM

Unregistered

thanks everyone. I had 2 plain pancales and felt fine, but an hour later if definitely caught up with me. out of control bloating! I am feeling a bit better now, but atleast I learned not to do that again. atleast when I am having a sensitive week to being with.

Re: Pancake Breakfast? new
      #121558 - 11/13/04 06:37 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Another option is to get several basted eggs and just eat around the yolks and have it with plain white toast and any jelly that doesn't have HFCS. I had to have this at a backwater restaurant a few months ago. It was for lunch! and that was all they had that was safe. I personally would have one pancake after eating FF eggs and toast if I was feeling good but I wouldn't recommend it.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 411 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 984

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review