All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
I can't tell for sure new
      #219862 - 10/17/05 11:02 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I feel horrible no matter what. But I never tried eating GF while taking Acacia. That could have been why I was so constipated on the GF diet. Plus, my doc said the GF diet tends to be constipating with all the rice products and flours.

I've recently added Acacia, so it's hard to tell if I'm hurting because of spelt and barley or because of the Acacia. I wish I would have tried Acacia on the GF diet. But I just restocked on loads of spelt bread and cannot throw it out to go GF again. I just can't do it!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I wish my docs hadn't scared me off of this.. new
      #220128 - 10/18/05 01:38 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

I'm so sorry this is so tough on you! It doesn't seem fair... we seem to be in the same boat. I am glad my surgeon just popped my little gallbladder out so quickly... I can tell the difference already. I'm not 100% yet, but the days or hours I feel fine, I am really enjoying. Without a gallbladder, I am a bit off with my BMs. I was so constipated, then I was OK for a day or two, now I'm going all of the time (which is normal I guess). It's hard to know what to do b/c I am still taking my Miralax, but with the bile slowly releasing throughout the day, its suppose to be more like a laxative...so this is probably normal. Still, going to the bathroom alot with minimal cramping is still miles ahead of where I was...hang in there! I feel like you're my gallbladder/belly problem twin out there!!

--------------------
IBS-A

Hawkeye new
      #233206 - 12/21/05 07:09 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Yes I did. And it came back negative. Are you still experimenting with eating gluten? How are you feeling? Have you tried (gulp) wheat yet? I'm still stuck on oats,spelt, and barley but haven't been brave enough to try wheat yet.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Hawkeye new
      #233208 - 12/21/05 07:20 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Oh, I'm embarrassed to say, that i've been a real chicken. I have taken little nibbles of wheat, or a bite here and there but thats it. i've bought bagels - I miss them more than any other wheat based food - but I haven't actually eaten them! Oh, its hard bc my ibs is very obviously at least 50/50 psychological/physical so its hard when I have so much panic and compulsive thoughts about it, to rev myself up to take a chance. Also I haven't been feeling all that well, mostly due to exhaustion of working and parenting. Still, I eat plenty of spelt with no ill effects and I've got to just give it a try soon. I'm on vacation now, maybe i"ll buy a bagel tomorrow - and maybe I'll even eat some of it!!!

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2710 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6838

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review