All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: personally new
      #219557 - 10/15/05 06:17 AM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

just an fyi-- i'm eating all of the wheat i want currently and I have never felt better... but with me, its probably b/c my gallbaldder was messing me up before... I even had real toast for breakfast and feel OK. I'm still constipated, but my doc never thought that was related to eating wheat... I started eating little bits, but finally said forget it and now I am happy as can be. I'm going to work today! I'm taking a lunch with a turkey bagel! It's sad that this is so exciting, but I really, for once, feel fine to leave my house:) Wish me luck all day!

--------------------
IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Aly - Glad you're feeling fine about leaving the house. Enjoy your bagel! -nt- new
      #219566 - 10/15/05 07:43 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

This is where I'm at now too new
      #219573 - 10/15/05 08:24 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I eat spelt bread (one piece white followed by one piece dark), dried cereals that contain oats, barley...

I still don't feel any different than when I ate GF, but I am now taking Acacia so that may be interfering with my experiment. That is a new factor in my diet. So, who knows if I would feel now feel better without the acacia or if I would have felt better eating GF but taking Acacia! Does that make sense?

What else confuses me is the fact that my antibodies tested positive 3 times! What are the odds of having 3 false positives? And after going GF for 10 months, my test came back normal. This makes me believe I should be avoiding gluten...but then I come back to it didn't seem to make me feel better...just more C instead of D.

I wish the doctors could give more definitive answeres about this!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#219574 - 10/15/05 08:26 AM
Augie

Are you eating whole wheat breads or white breads? Hmmm, I just don't understand how doctors can take such a different stand on the gallbladder issue. I've asked 4 and none think it should come out...but you are feeling better with yours out!

Enjoy the wonders of wheat! And think of all the money you'll save on GF products.

--------------------
~ Beth

You got a deal! new
      #219575 - 10/15/05 08:28 AM
Augie

We can compare notes! It's nice to not have to be going through this alone Dan! Let's deinately keep each other updated on progress/symptoms, etc!

--------------------
~ Beth

Of course I wouldn't hold you responsible! new
      #219586 - 10/15/05 08:52 AM
Augie

I sincerely appreciate hearing what others would do if they were in my shoes. Thanks for taking the time to do so and for caring! You have a big heart, Tamara!

--------------------
~ Beth

#219623 - 10/15/05 03:04 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

My surgeon didn't even blink about taking it out. I met with him and he said "whats your med history" to which I replied " A LONG history of belly pain..." and we discussed it all. He said he can't promise to take all of my symptoms, but could help some. I gave it a shot and it worked. No one even warned me about NOT taking it out... so I was confused to hear about you! I guess everyone is different, and honestly--they aren't sure how bad i have IBS, if at all... so I'm in a different boat I guess. And yes, the $$ I'm saving is well worth it!
By the way, I'm eating white bread--whole grain is tough on normal people's belly, so I'm sticking with white for awhile... I'm so happy to eat all of this again-- I'm still being healthy, but the thought of going out to eat is so exciting. I am feeling like my life is back... so for me, it was well worth it. I am so glad no doc ever questioned it for me! Hang in there...it's bound to be figured out!

--------------------
IBS-A

Re: You got a deal! new
      #219638 - 10/15/05 04:15 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Augie,
I'm curious. Did you look to see if your blood test included a test for Transglutiminase? I could be wrong on the spelling and I"m not getting off the couch to check! Thats the test my doctor mentioned as being much more reliable.
Dan

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

I wish my docs hadn't scared me off of this.. new
      #219859 - 10/17/05 10:57 AM
Augie

...but with 4 different doctors telling me "NO, don't take it out", I'm just so leery.

I wish I had gone to your doctor. Keep me updated on how you're doing! Oh, to be normal again. How do you determine if taking out the Gallbladder will help or if it is just plain ole IBS?

--------------------
~ Beth

any more thoughts guys and gals?-nt new
      #219860 - 10/17/05 10:59 AM
Augie

The thing that worries me is What else confuses me is the fact that my antibodies tested positive 3 times! What are the odds of having 3 false positives? And after going GF for 10 months, my test came back normal. This makes me believe I should be avoiding gluten...but then I come back to it didn't seem to make me feel better...just more C instead of D.

--------------------
~ Beth

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 411 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6888

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review