All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: lilsis new
      #121109 - 11/11/04 04:47 PM
Amari

Reged: 10/29/04

I know how you feel. I got so hungry that in the end I just eat what ever and dealt with what came afterwards. I hope that everything works out fine with you colonoscopy. I haven't got the book yet, it will take 6weeks to get here, so I am just sticking to the list of foods on this site for the time being and just monitoring. Thank you for the support!! Take Care...Amari

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Cholonoscopy! Yuck! new
      #121339 - 11/12/04 01:55 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

Three years ago I caught a very severe bug that was going around the day camp where I was working. It was sooooo bad, I landed in the hospital for five days! I'm ususally C, but I had such bad D and I was sooo dehydrated that my hands clamped up into "claws". Guess what - didn't vomit - (too scared to).
Anyway ans a result of the triple antibiotics they put me on I developed infectious colitis two weeks later and I had to get a colinosocopy. I did not have to do all the prep because my body had naturaly cleaned itself out (as the nurse put it my insides were clean as a whistle)IT WAS AWFUL!! I NEVER want to have to go through that again.
Well the docs gave me more antibiotics with side effects of - of all things - nasuea and D - sometimes the cure IS worse than the disease!

Re: daliatree new
      #121343 - 11/12/04 02:28 PM
karenj

OMG - I thought I was the ONLY person in the world that is a puke-a-phobic!!!!!!!!!!! I get so freaked out when I hear that there is a stomach virus in my daughter's school (last week as a matter of fact) that I called the nurse and asked her if it is going around in her particular class yet so I can be "prepared" and I start counting down the days thinking of the incubation period. I then make sure that the "puke bowl" is ready and available and I clean out the wastebaskets in the bathrooms "just in case"! I am totally certifiable - at least that's what my mom says! lol! Now I turned my sister into a puke-a-phobic too.

I too have been nauseous for about 2 yrs now - it would hit me out of nowhere and last a day or two. Never puked from it though (but I did get hit with 3 stomach viruses 2 years ago - ick). Turns out I have gastritis (inflammation of the stomach lining). I had the endoscopy last week. I am so glad I did it because I was on famotodine for about a year and it helped somewhat but then it started not helping and I was getting really worried. I was always afraid that if and when I got sick - I couldn't take care of my kids. Myhusband works alot. So that's my story. I don't have ibs and never thought I did, I am on this board because my 6 yr old daughter was recently diagnosed with ibs (d). This family has some stomach problems, huh?

Thank you so much for letting me know that I am not alone in my obsession with puke! lol!

Re: karenj new
      #121348 - 11/12/04 03:02 PM
Amari

Wow....we really aren't alone!!! You are the first person I have heard that the reason that we are scared of it is because we are scared of 'losing control'. I am afraid that I want be able to look after myself, or if I am out that I won't be able to get home. I keep imagining bad things happening around that and even though we know that we will feel better if we did, and we aren't going to lose control, hard to shake the negative thoughts. I have tried, and I really am not so scared now. I say that, but the true test will come when I am sick....
Take Care
Amari

Re: Casper new
      #121349 - 11/12/04 03:07 PM
Amari

Ohh...you poor thing! That sounds horriable! You are okay now though!....It's not pleasent and you are right, sometimes the cure is worse than the disease!! It is amazing that we can stop ourselfs from vomitting. Most people with that fear haven't vomitted in like 20years compared to other people who vomitt around every 5years or something. The power of the mind...amazing!
Take Care
Amari

Re: Cholonoscopy! Yuck! new
      #121354 - 11/12/04 03:54 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Oh Casper!!! hahahahah..its not funny but it is. are you another emetaphobe???? I heard the prep is worse then the procedure though....you have a good way of telling a story that must have been a horrific experience..

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#121355 - 11/12/04 03:56 PM
daliatree

hahahahahaha...poor you! and your poor daughter...
so did you puke with those stomach viruses? sometimes it just comes up whether you like it or not!

--------------------

Re: karenj new
      #121356 - 11/12/04 03:58 PM
daliatree

I think it must be a control thing, but to be honest, I just have blind blind fear! Its like I can't see beyond the fear. I mean, my biggest fear of being pregnant is NOT labour, its morning sickness...and my biggest fear of labour is if the pain will make me puke! I am trying to get a grip on myself...its beyond the joke.

--------------------

ozzieland new
      #121358 - 11/12/04 04:02 PM
daliatree

hey I started my trip in melbourne (greeeaat city), onto sydney in a campervan, onto byron bay (where we lived for a month), brisbane, cairns, port douglas, fraser island...uhhmmm thats it! It was amazing..part of a round the world trip...

--------------------

#121360 - 11/12/04 04:18 PM
karenj

Yes, I did puke. But I am usually a once maybe two time puker at a clip. I think the worst is the before and in between when you are waiting for the first puke or waiting to see if you will again. waiting, waiting, waiting. And btw - labor is WORSE! (but for some weird reason doesn't scare me! I guess because you know that something good will come out of it!) And yes, I was nauseous during the transition period of labor - of course my husband was standing there eating an eggplant parmesan hero so that didn't help much! And yes, I did curse him out and tell him what to do with it!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1339 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4765

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review