All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Update On Me and Colonoscopy
      #12061 - 06/19/03 01:11 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Hey everyone, havnt been here in a while and im soooo sorry,but i have really been caught up with school. Tomorrows the last day of school and ive been so caught up with end of the year finals and such.About the IBS, Ive been doing really good actually. Ive been drinking lots of peppermint tea and have upped my benefiber and have been feeling great since.
Okay, now the good/bad/important news- im going for a colonoscopy tuesday, June 24th. I start the prep on Sunday by eating liquidy like foods (jello, cream of wheat, yogurt,not chunky soup) Basically things i dont need to chew. Then on monday I start the laxatives and can only eat clear liquids (jello- ff broth) Then on tuesday I have to give myself a enema and off to the hospital I go!!) Im a little nervous though, because my reg. gasto wont be doin it. She was only available for mid July, and im not waiting that long! SO i have to have a guy gastro do it. Eek! I hope everything goes well. Gimme some suport guys

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Update On Me and Colonoscopy new
      #12065 - 06/19/03 01:34 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Angel,
You will do fine. I had mine done last week and I was so nervous. The nurses laughed and said, "This is your cocktail waitress!" as they pointed to the nurse with the drugs for my IV. They told me to roll over on my side and the next thing I remember (I promise) I was in a different room. I asked where I was and they said the recovery room!!!! I don't remember a thing. Kind of scary that someone could do all that to you and you don't even remember it, huh? The worst part for me was the prep before the procedure---being hungry and not being able to eat and then having that horrible diarrhea the night before. I didn't think the stuff I had to drink was too bad. I mixed the powder in a glass of Sprite and then sucked on a piece of lime after I drank it. That kind of took the taste away! You'll do fine. I just came home and slept a little afterwards. If I can do it, you can!

#12068 - 06/19/03 02:10 PM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

Hi, Angela!

So glad to hear you're feeling better! The colonoscopy will be fine - and you may not even see the "guy doctor" before your 'scope - maybe just the nurses. At any rate, you really won't care! I'm impressed by your level of maturity and responsibility in taking care of your own health - way to go! I'll put you on the prayer list at church - and I'll certainly be praying for you Monday and Tuesday!

Blessings,
Kaybee C

#12069 - 06/19/03 02:10 PM
Laurie

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Houston, TX

The prep is the worse part by far. I can't even stand the smell of broth alone so I pretty much lived on Sprite and popsicles. Both of my colonoscopies have been done by men. I remember cracking jokes with the nurses. The last one I had done, I had to wait a little longer than they expected and the nurses were cracking me up. You can feel the drugs kick in and literally you close your eyes and the next thing that happens is the recovery nurse calling your name trying to wake you up. One thing that noone has mentioned is you will feel the need to pass wind! I had my mother and husband rolling with the passing of the wind.

--------------------
Laurie

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission - Eleanor Roosevelt

#12070 - 06/19/03 02:26 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

You'll do great!! From that angle it doesn't matter if it's a guy or gal or somebody else doing it to you. You won't even know they're there anyway, once it gets started. Congrats on ending the school year! What you up to this summer?

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Re: Update On Me and Colonoscopy-Michelle new
      #12074 - 06/19/03 03:23 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Michelle,
this summers gonna be alittle hectic. I have to a)Get a job b)Get my license c)Get a car d)visit colleges e)study for SATs Yeah, busy,busy,busy What about you?

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Re: Update On Me and Colonoscopy-Michelle new
      #12085 - 06/19/03 04:39 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Holy cow, I remember those days! Try to enjoy it, easier said than done, I know. My summer? If it ever stops RAINING in North Carolina, we are supposed to be spending a lot of time at the neighborhood pool. As it is, my 4 1/2 year old asks me every day, "What are we going to do first, Mommy?" Whew, when does school start?

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Re: Best of Luck! new
      #12101 - 06/19/03 11:47 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

So glad you are feeling better. I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday (my birthday!).

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#12117 - 06/20/03 07:12 AM
Gretchen

Reged: 05/30/03
Loc: Muncy, PA, USA

Good luck! You'll be fine and you'll be in our thoughts!

Gretchen

#12253 - 06/21/03 07:59 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Good luck! I'm glad it's finally happening, so you can get it over with. You'll feel so relieved after.

Keep us posted on how you make out - although I'm sure you'll be just fine!

#12273 - 06/22/03 09:27 AM
Sick Puppy

Reged: 06/22/03

Hi: I had one done last year.The scope was the easiest part. They give you something to relax you and you snooze through the whole thing. Then, you go to a private cubicle and snooze, pass gas and pass more. This is because they fill you up with air so they can see everything. It feels good to "let it all out." Since you are clean there are no accidents. You don't have to be embarrased because everyone around you who had the scope is doing the same thing. Making beautiful music. The nurses encourage it with their friendly attitude and regard it as a friendly competetion between their patients. The hardest thing about it was the bowel prep. I hated the clean out. But when I was completely empty I felt like I was starting over on a new leaf. Best wishes to you and I pray for comforting results on your test.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2283 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1876

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review