Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
thank you all sooooo much new
      #120695 - 11/10/04 03:01 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

I love you all truly. Thank you.
I had a job interview which went well today...another one tomorrow. Tummy is calmer but not great - only wants plain bread so thats what its having!!! no more acacia for me.
I am going to give myself some time to get to a better point and then try some different brands. <sigh>.
You cannot know what your comforting words did for me. Please all feel better too!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: thank you all sooooo much new
      #120701 - 11/10/04 03:11 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I agree with you. I too am new to this board. And I can honestly say, I have never, ever met a group of nicer, kinder, more patient and helpful group of people.
Good luck with your job interviews. I was offered a job but am leery to take it because I'm afraid the IBS will screw it up-- the added stress, explaining my wierd diet to others, etc. I'm glad you are brave enough to do this!

What SFS are you going to try now?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Edited by Augie (11/10/04 03:12 PM)

Re: thank you all sooooo much new
      #120728 - 11/10/04 04:16 PM
daliatree

Are you new to IBS too? Because that might be why you feel wary about working etc and showing people your diet. I was always very shy about the diet etc and hid it a lot in other jobs and situations. I am determined to start this new job being open and friendly about the IBS...heat up my food in public and eat it in public (instead of finding some corner to eat it in alone). I think psychologically for myself it will make me prouder and stronger after the first few hard days. I want to have faith in myself. I am on a mission to make IBS a more public thing, that people feel that can talk about openly, because it needs to be more public so that WE sufferers can be free to say 'I am having terrible D, I need to go home' and they can understand that this is a disease and not some hypochondriac joke. I have believed these things for so many years but never had the guts to put them in practise, and i will now! I hope! hahahhahaha
I am not sure which supplement to try now. To be honest, I was doing quite well adding some oatbran to my food, I added too much and got a bit of an attack, but nothing like the acacia gave me, so I might go back to that (even though its not an SFS, its very nutritious and great for the heart). however,I think I will try a real one...citrucel or fibercon..not sure. I need to search the boards and see which is the best tolerated.
Do you take an SFS?

--------------------

Have you ever taken a probiotic? new
      #120851 - 11/11/04 05:34 AM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

My nutritionist reccomended Florify and it has asidophilis (however you spell it?)so it helps with the nausea. I haven't really felt nauceuous since I started taking it.
By the way, How did your interview go?

Re: Have you ever taken a probiotic? new
      #120861 - 11/11/04 05:55 AM
daliatree

yep I have been taking a probiotic at night and in the morning for a few months now...I feel like it is a good move for me, but haven't see drastic improvements!
You are so cute for asking about the interview - it went really really well. I have a second one today.....will let you know how it went! My tummy behaved during the interview at least! I think my british accent is charming the new yorkers (I have a posh London accent, bit like the queen!!)

--------------------

Glad it went well! new
      #121152 - 11/11/04 08:51 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

... and that your tummy was polite.

My Dad used to put his accent on thicker when my friends were around becuase he knew they liked to hear it. His is not so posh though. It's a bit cockney. He grew up in Clapton.

I was actually wondering if it was safe to take probiotics twice a day.

Good luck with the next interview.

Chany

P.S. Only one more week until our trip to Israel!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1872 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9398

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review