All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: I agree that new
      #120458 - 11/10/04 05:57 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

you had an attack this morning? I am so sorry for you! I hope its all over and was a quick one...
it was just random??? how irritating. I always find it more comforting psychologically if I can point to what caused an attack...
FEEL BETTER

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: UPDATE new
      #120459 - 11/10/04 05:59 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Thank you Casey...I think I am going to give up and try other brands...if it was bloating and farting etc I would have given it more time...but major attacks...mmm, not so subtle!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

I know, me too... new
      #120460 - 11/10/04 06:01 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

But as far as I can tell, this morning's was COMPLETELY random. I'm practically the poster child for eating IBS-safe at this point, and this morning was no different. Got plenty of sleep last night, haven't been under more stress than usual, don't feel like I'm coming down with anything, don't have my period... etc etc. Random. *sighs* Well, if I needed any proof that this IS a physiological condition (IBS, I mean) and not just a byproduct of my anxiety disorders, I guess today would be it.

It was a pretty quick one, but now I feel all weak and tired and like I got punched in the stomach... blech.

*hugs* Thanks!

Hi Dalia new
      #120477 - 11/10/04 06:59 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi,

I just wanted to say that I can't tolerate SFS. I have heard several on the boards comment that they had a hard time with it, too. Sometimes switching to a different brand does help.

I would advise that you keep doing whatever it was that got you stable. If your attacks are worse with the SFS then I would stop....at least temporarily. After all, if you are starting to feel better why do something that makes you feel worse.

I know SFS has helped a lot of people on the boards...each of us is a little different, though, and need to do what works best. Sometimes, unfortunately, it's by trial & error.

Good Luck
Barbie

--------------------

Re: shakes /shiver / chills new
      #120484 - 11/10/04 07:16 AM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

Yes, when I was a C, I used to get the chills and also I would sweat.

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

I have heard of people allergic to that family of plants - nt new
      #120487 - 11/10/04 07:22 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

#120496 - 11/10/04 07:36 AM
Rylee

Reged: 10/09/04

So sorry. Give your tummy a rest with the safe foods and maybe you want to try fibercon. I am IBS-A but the D is the worst of it and find that to be the best for me. It is pretty gentle. I started with 1/2 and worked my way up to 9 caps a day. Hope you feal better soon.

Re: shakes /shiver / chills new
      #120500 - 11/10/04 07:49 AM
krimson

Reged: 10/10/04

Ugh...you poor thing. I thought I was the only one who had the "shake, rattle and roll" thing. It's the most awful feeling to not be able to control it, isn't it? I figured mine was related to anxiety as well...you know how the doctors have you convinced, once you have anxiety, that EVERYTHING that's wrong with you is directly related to that. I just thought I was nervous over having an IBS attack, so I was shaking. In a weird way - and not that I would ever wish it on anyone, EVER - it's nice to know that it could just be an IBS thing.

I hope you all are feeling much better today - keep your fingers crossed for me, please, I've had a really rough 3 days. Actually called in sick to work today - yuck.

Leslie

here too!!! new
      #120501 - 11/10/04 07:57 AM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

My body temperature becomes pretty volatile during an attack. I had one last night and I was freezing while my tummy ached and then once the D actually came I was really kind of over-heated. I can feel my colon going into spasms when I have these bad attacks and my whole body tends to tense up with it. My attack last night was mostly stress related. I know the chills and dizziness don't help any when you're already trying to deal with massive pains in your gut and a sore bum!
Min

#120502 - 11/10/04 07:59 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I'd guess you're allergic to it. What a pain! But I agree, this ain't good. Try another one when you feel better!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2177 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9397

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review