All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: RE:SLiCKsGiRL new
      #125435 - 11/26/04 03:11 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Hey slicksgirl, just wanted to add that I completely agree with your last paragraph...I try to see the ibs as a good thing too...I could have something so much more serious...I count myself as lucky. And yes, part of me wishes I hadnt got it when I was 15 and being only 19 still I wish I could have lived my younger life like everyone else but at the same time...I think Ive matured so much since getting this and I know my attitude towards food and drink and life in general is a lot more mature than most people my age. I try to think that everything happens for a reason and that me getting this was as a way of teaching me to live everyday to the full...plus if I hadnt have gotten it I wouldnt have met all the wonderful people on these boards!!

--------------------
Natalie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: RE:SLiCKsGiRL new
      #125463 - 11/26/04 09:17 AM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

Good for you! I'm glad that we both can take on that view at such a young age. Like you, I missed out on a lot when I was younger, but there is still a lot of living left to do. I think it's important to remember (with any illness or disorder) that life isn't over - it's just on a different path. That's why helping others is so important to me; I want to be able to share my ideas and attitudes with others, so that they too can feel alive and free.

Thank you for posting! Yeah for being positive!!

--------------------
~*Amber*~

helping others!! new
      #125475 - 11/26/04 10:13 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Hey amber,
Yep I know totally what you mean about wanting to help others...its great if you can make a difference to someone whos been through something you have too! Its thanks to so many of the helpful people on this board that Ive improved my symptoms so much and if I can do that too then thats great! Ive always wanted to go to south america and teach in an orphanage in peru...I love kids, Ive always been really good dealing with them and Ive been learning spanish for years! When I first got IBS I started to think that Id never be able to get the courage to go...now after seeing how many people can achieve things like that (Brittany and Dalia wahoo!!) Im now in the early stages of planning it for next summer! Without them I think it may be still just a dream of mine! Heather is just an inspiration...the amount of peoples lives who've changed because of this website is just amazing!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: helping others!! new
      #125951 - 11/28/04 10:57 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

Hi Natalie!

That is such an amazing goal! I hope that you'll get to go (I'm sure that you will!) - You will do such a lot of good! Will you be teaching English, or just lessons in general? Do you think that you'll go by yourself or with a group? You are very brave and kind to want to dedicate yourself to helping!

You will conquer your IBS and acheive your goals, and that in itself will be an inspiration to everyone. Good luck to you!!

--------------------
~*Amber*~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 325 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2934

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review