All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I'm a Cheater...
      #120059 - 11/08/04 03:14 PM
lille_eskimit

Reged: 09/28/04
Loc: Blackpool / Preston, UK

Hands up all those who 'cheat'...or am I the only one?

I have to admit, I don't always stick to a strict IBS-friendly diet...Most of the time, I go vegan (making sure I have plenty of soluble fibre, and powering up on herbal supplements) like a good little girl, apart from occasionally eating white meat - fish and seafood - pink, if you count salmon!!! And don't get me wrong, I do love being 'veggie'...

...But once in awhile, I'll indulge - Chocolate, cakes, cheese, fried steaks, roast lamb etc, the works...I always make sure I'm not doing anything important for the next 48 hours though!!!

Any other IBS-C sufferer out there have a similar confession?

--------------------
Cyber Residence <<< Make yourself at home!

Edited by lille_eskimit (11/08/04 03:15 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm a Cheater... new
      #120074 - 11/08/04 03:42 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I am IBS A but yep I am like you.. I try to stick to the diet as much as poss, but I so cheat once in awhile and have learned not to beat myself up over it!! I need to get back on track after halloween though!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Hey - gorgeous picture! -nt- new
      #120110 - 11/08/04 04:47 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

--------------------
~Cara~

#120159 - 11/09/04 12:27 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Oh yeah, but I'm IBS-A! I've even been known to cave in completely and have a cheese pizza. Chocolate, biscuits and doughnuts are my usual cheats.

#120162 - 11/09/04 08:03 AM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

Me too. I cheat sometimes with pizza.

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

#120392 - 11/09/04 07:22 PM
Sheryl

Reged: 10/04/04
Loc: PA

I cheated today by having two chunks of dark chocolate, a cup of coffee and a naval orange. Of course I paid the price with mutliple runs to the facility. But after experiencing being at C, even though I was moving in the other direction...I was happy to be going. But hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

--------------------
To every problem, the answer is love.

OK. Me too! new
      #120409 - 11/09/04 08:43 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

I try to be good most of the time. The past three weeks I've been subbing for the Kindergarten teacher at my kids' school and it can get VERY STRESSFUL at times. So chocolate, fries and oreo cookies have found thier way into my mouth when I lost control.
I think it's OK to cheat a little once in a while, as long as it isn't enough to make you feel sick
Chany

Re: Hey - gorgeous picture! -nt- new
      #121246 - 11/12/04 09:36 AM
lille_eskimit

Hey thanks!

Yours looks great too!

Blue skies,
Charme

--------------------

#121259 - 11/12/04 09:56 AM
lille_eskimit

Same here...I'm terrible when it comes to chocolate and pastry/cakes...devoured a huge Snickers bar the day before, and had an ENORMOUS craving for cheese pizza all of a sudden!!

It all came back to haunt me yesterday though, when everything seemed to get stuck in my 'plumbing' (despite taking a laxative AND using a suppository to spur my bowels into motion...these are times when I almost wish I have the big 'D'!), and I was reduced to tears in the toilet!!! I'm ok now, although that 'episode' was accompanied by some bleeding.

It's just not fair!!!

I often get very very constipated...hard lumps in my tummy (lower left) which I can actually feel! It's worse than going into labour...constantly bloated so much so that I sometimes look 5 mths pregnant...my waist is normally 22" when normal but has been known to go up to 30" when filled with wind and crap... I'm trying to put all this delicately, but it's just impossible! Sometimes the pain is so bad that my attendance at uni gets affected...I just cannot move...literally!

Ah well, I've been good today though...no meat, refined foods, not had any dairy products...gone back to being vegan again, and am likely to stay this way for awhile...until the next big choc-attack...I still find it hard going in the bog (being on Quetiapine...an anti-psychotic known to cause constipation as a side effect, doesn't help), but not as bad as when I indulge...my main problem is making sure I have enough liquids...I have been religiously drinking lots of fennel/chamomile tea though, and taking those peppermint caps

Wishing everyone happy colons,
Charme

--------------------

#121633 - 11/14/04 06:25 AM
lille_eskimit

Me too!! I was in S'pore visiting family this summer, which is somewhat of a food paradise...for some reason, the various cuisines there turned me into an IBS-A for awhile - although more D than C...and to be quite honest, if I had to choose between the lesser of two evils, I'd rather be a D, after all the grief I've been having as a C!!!

Blue skies,
Charme

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2562 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1226

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review