All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Gas question for HEATHER and others. Please don't bump
      #119673 - 11/07/04 08:14 AM
Lauriea

Reged: 08/18/04

I am IBS-C and am taking Citrocel 3 times a day and eating Heather's diet. I am also taking digest gold (digestive enzymes plus acidophilis) with lunch and dinner. Even with this I get plenty of gas and passing of gas. What causes gas. I thought it was caused by food that is undigested, but wouldn't the digestive enzymes that I'm taking take care of this? I'm so confused! Any suggestions? Thanks as always. Lauriea

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Gas question for HEATHER and others. Please don't bump new
      #119679 - 11/07/04 09:42 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Hello
I take Gas X. Two before dinner and two or three before bed!! My doctor said this was fine. It may take a few days of taking then before you notice any change though!! They have helped me a GREAT deal with gas and gas pain!!! Just a suggestion!! I also take a peobiotic twice day!! Acidophilis and I still need the gas x!!
Good Luck

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Gas question for HEATHER and others. Please don't bump new
      #119686 - 11/07/04 09:54 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

The citrucel could be causing some of your gas problems. I have heard a lot of people on SFS's complain of bloating & gas. Are you making sure you aren't eating any gas producing foods like broccoli or beans? I get gas & bloating a lot, too. OTC Phazyme helps me.

Good Luck
Barbie

--------------------

Re: Gas question for HEATHER and others. new
      #119795 - 11/08/04 12:54 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Try switching to Acacia instead of Cirucel- it tends to cause less gassy side effects. Btw, how long have you been on the SFS anyway? It can take a long while to get rid of all your symptoms.

Everyone gets gas from the bacteria in your gut. The digestive enzymes and the SFS will help, but they might not be able to elimate the gas. You'll need to find a SFS that suits you best and stick to the diet AND avoid gas-producing foods (broccoli, onions, garlic, leeks...) AND maybe still have to use GasX.

Good luck.

PS. Whaddya mean, don't bump? Bumping your post is good. It means one of us thinks it should go to the top of the board so more people will see it, but we don't have an answer ourselves so we just bump it!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6787 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 685

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review