All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Need new breakfast ideas! new
      #119624 - 11/06/04 06:19 PM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

unhappy tummy dont you get sick from canned fruit? i usually do alot of time. jasper

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#119629 - 11/06/04 06:30 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Frozen waffles like Kashi or I bet you could make pancakes and waffles and freeze them yourself. I started cream of wheat today as it has less calories than oatmeal and I might make it with chocolate soy milk tomorrow! or cream of rice maybe if you rather. It takes 1-2 minutes to cook in microwave. Oh and chunky cinnamon bread or raisin bread with no HFCS in it. If you want to be naughty than things that you should have for dessert- just add some canned fruit! Or muffins or scones if you can find low fat recipes.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Recipe for Applesauce Muffins new
      #119635 - 11/06/04 06:54 PM
bellshel32

Reged: 10/28/04
Loc: Kansas, USA

These are really great.

Mix together: 1 cup sugar, 1/3 cup canola oil, 2 egg whites.

Combine & add to above mixture:
1 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cloves (I omitted this ingredient)

Pour in lined muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.

I made homemade applesauce using 2 apples (peeled, cored, & cooked for 20 minutes in a little water). This gave the muffins a really fresh taste. I'm sure they're good with the bottled applesauce, too.

Enjoy!!

#119651 - 11/07/04 04:28 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Yes, I should try and look for some vegan frozen waffles at a health food store. Eggos are have eggs and milk in them.

Muffins are also a great suggestion.

Thanks.

Re: Recipe for Applesauce Muffins new
      #119652 - 11/07/04 04:29 AM
Sara-Sage

Thanks!

How about french toast or pancakes. new
      #119720 - 11/07/04 01:45 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

Heather has a great recipe for french tost on this site. Also, a friend of mine gave me a great recipe for pancakes that I revamped to make it safe. (I know everyone is different but it doesn't make me sick.)

1/4 c. egg beater or 2 egg whites
1 c. soy milk
1 c. flour
1/4 c. quick oats
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

mix in a blender. Spray a skillet with non stick spray. Pour the batter in an let it cook till bubbles form. Flip the pan cake and let it cook for another 30 seconds to a minute. (Poke a fork in it - if batter runs out it's not ready yet.) Enjoy your breakfast.
(I had some for lunch today with a tiny drop of honey on them and a serving of apple sauce on the side.)

I don't get it. because I'm such a cereal addict... new
      #119721 - 11/07/04 01:50 PM
Casper

I know most people need thier coffe or whatever, but with me it's cereal that gets me going. If I don't get my cheerios in the morning, no one can talk to me. Right now my new breakfast kick is Cheerios or Special K with a tbsp of Fiber one sprinkled in and a cup of Celestial Season's Tummy Mint tea.
Chany

Re: I don't get it. because I'm such a cereal addict... new
      #119722 - 11/07/04 01:54 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Same here. If not for breakfast I wouldn't get out of bed. Zoloft made me lose my appetite so I didn't want to get up and eat! P.S. Doesn't special K have HFCS?

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

You know... I never looked at the ingrediants... new
      #119727 - 11/07/04 02:08 PM
Casper

It was only last week that I learned about HFCS and I ran out of special K before that and started on my box of cheerios. It never made me feel too sick so I wonder... I'll have to take a look next time I'm in the grocery store.
Learning about HFCS did solve a mystery or two for me though, such as why apple sauce sometimes made me sick and sometimes made me feel better... and can you beleive there's HFCS in my kids' Animal Crackers!

Re: How about french toast or pancakes. new
      #119735 - 11/07/04 02:45 PM
Sara-Sage

I made homemade, from scratch ,panackes today! Yum!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2397 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10162

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review