All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Worst Attack Ever.....
      #118853 - 11/04/04 07:08 AM
Mitch

Reged: 02/06/04
Loc: Tucson, AZ

Last night I had the worst attack I have ever had in my life. It started at work but I just thought it would go away. Alas it didn't. Driving home which takes me about 20 minutes to get home seemed like the longest drive ever. I didn't think I would make it. The pain was so severe I really just wanted to die. The pain was very intense the most intense it has ever been. I didn't even make it home luckly my mom just lives down the street so I made it her house. While sitting on the toilet for about 15 to 20 minutes I really just wanted to die and was crying so hard.

I don't know what set it off this time around but something did and did it hard. I just hope I never have another attack again. As soon as I made it home I took some Immodium and then drank some fennel tea. That seemed to help. I then went to bed and this morning feel a little better.

I am also pretty mad becuase it would have been three weeks this Sunday since my last attack and was really hoping to make it. Oh well I didn't but will do it again.

I just needed to write in because I know how you all will know just what I am going through and I need that.

--------------------
Michelle

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Worst Attack Ever..... new
      #118859 - 11/04/04 07:38 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

big hugs XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
poor you....lets try and track down what it might have been (even though random attacks DO happen annoyingly)
what did you eat / drink in the last two days? did you go anywhere new? did you forget supplements?
attempting to know what it was will give you more mental strength during and after an attack because it will give you a sense of control.
I really hope you feel better soon..its so yucky

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#118860 - 11/04/04 07:44 AM
kaki69

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Chicago, IL

I know exactly how you feel. I had an attack like that (at work too) about a month ago. I really wanted to die, it hurt so bad. I couldn't even sit up in my chair. It was probably the worse attack I have ever had.

I am glad to hear you felt some relief the next day. That Immodium works pretty good. I like to drink Peppermint/Chamomile tea. It is very soothing. I am not sure if you have tried this, but after I eat anything, I eat a peppermint candy. Either LifeSavers or Altoids. Peppermint is very soothing and seems to help me digest fairly smoothly.

I hope that never happens to you again, my fingers are crossed!!

#118923 - 11/04/04 09:59 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

<<<<<<<<<<<<<BIG HUGS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Maybe you are worring to much about how long you make it without one and are giving yourself one!!! Just a thought!!!
Hope you feel better soon!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

i agree. -NT- new
      #118927 - 11/04/04 10:08 AM
turrtle

Reged: 08/22/04
Loc: Hartsville, SC

#119059 - 11/04/04 02:03 PM
Mitch

No I don't thinks it was that because I wasn't even thinking about that. I think it either could have been the chocolate (but I have had that brand before and it didn't do anything to me) or that I was sitting at my desk for so long that caused the problem. I am usually up and down so much that I don't have a problem but yesterday all I did was sit most of the afternoon. I won't make that mistake again.

Thanks for the kind words. That is why I love this board so much.

--------------------
Michelle

#119061 - 11/04/04 02:06 PM
Mitch

Thanks for the kind words and I am feeling better now. I have to watch how much peppermint I eat because I also have Acid Reflux so peppermint can be a problem for me. I wish I could use it but oh well. I do drink the fennel tea when I start to have an attack and that usually helps but yesterday just didn't have a chance as it happened right before I left to go home.

--------------------
Michelle

#119062 - 11/04/04 02:09 PM
Mitch

Yes it is so yucky. I think I may have it boiled down to either the chocolate (which I have had before) or the fact that I was sitting at my desk all afternoon and hardly got up. I am not sure which one. If I eat something that doesn't agree with me I have the attack right away. So I believe it couldn't have been from the day before or even two days before. I just know that I don't want to ever have one like that again.

Thanks for the kinds words and big hugs to you as well xxxxxxxxxxx

Michelle

--------------------
Michelle

#119119 - 11/04/04 05:03 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Can I tell you that I had a really bad attack on Monday night too! I have been taking Bentyl for a couple of months now and can honestly say that I've not had a "bad" attack in months. I still get my hormonal IBS flare ups but even they haven't been as bad as in the past. Anyway I had penne pasta with sauce, no meatballs on Sunday. Had no problems. Had leftover penne pasta with sauce AND a small chocolate mint square for desert. Within in 1hr I was in such an attack that I too sat on the toilet forEVER. The bad part about it was, I had to take my boys to the dentist at 7pm. So I made it about 2 miles, stopped at a gas station, drug the boys in the store with me and I went there. I then made it about 4 more miles to the dentist and went at the dentist office. At this point my body was shaking. It was AWFUL. We then proceeded to go home and I made it about 2 miles again and stopped at the Dairy Queen. Came home and climbed into bed with my clothes on. I was so exhausted and uncomfortable.

So I can relate to the driving thing. There's nothing worse than having that feeling. I try to calm myself by saying there's always a place to stop (even if it is a disgusting gas station)at that point who cares. I'm assuming it was the spagehetti sauce but who knows cause I had it the night before without a problem. I had about 10 chocolate mint squares two weeks ago without problem. Maybe it was the combo of the two. Who knows. Who can figure out IBS anyway!
All we can do is thank God for our "good days" and live life with IBS and accept it. It makes it worse when you stress over it. We recovered from our bad attack. Yes it was awful when it was happening but just remember it's not a permanent thing. I did feel a bit uneasy the next morning but got back to my normal eating by lunch time.

It is nice to know that we can all relate isn't it? I love these boards for that reason. Take care and I hope you can go another three weeks without a bad attack

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 884 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2299

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review