All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Moral support and lots of help desperately needed please
      #118653 - 11/03/04 02:45 PM
Frankie uk

Reged: 10/24/04

Hi, i,m really new to te boards but love all the help that you give each other. I.m from the UK and have just started acacia. Took first dode last night after being C for 2 days - brilliant!!! soo took another 1/2 teasp this morning with some pepermimt tea. Just made it to work 5 rapid bm's but not D and needed to take antispadmotics to stop the pain and everything.Now depressed and not sure how to procede with the sfs .HELP

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Moral support and lots of help desperately needed please new
      #118667 - 11/03/04 03:12 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Hi there! Welcome to the boards!

It sounds like you may have done the acacia a little too quickly. It does take some adjusting-to, that's for sure. How much did you take in the first dose? I know that when I started my supplement, I actually only took a tiny bit once a day at first, and then increased to that amount twice a day, and THEN started increasing the amounts I was taking at each time... etc. It does take a while. But try not to get too down about it - it's SO worth it when you finally do get it right.

smaller doses at first... new
      #118710 - 11/03/04 04:18 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

and don't ex[pect instant results.. I think the best is to start with like 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon at a time and increase in about those amounts slowly...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

No advice but welcome.... new
      #118738 - 11/03/04 05:28 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

I'm relatively new myself, but since I found this site my life has taken a turn for the better. It helps to have a place to vent frustration where everyone understands. Welcome. I hope you feel better soon.
Try Heathers rice poridge. It will stabalize you qucikly and make you feel better. It's the first thing I eat whem my tummy is cranky.
Chany

Re: smaller doses at first... new
      #118752 - 11/03/04 06:09 PM
Rylee

Reged: 10/09/04

Yes increase the doses about every three to five days. Let your body adjust to what you have taken before you take more. It cleaned out what was in you but continue to take it. Things will slow down once your body adjusts to it. When it gets better then increase a little more but don't stop it because you will just go through theainitial adjustment again. Good luck.

Frankie, where in the UK are you? -nt new
      #118815 - 11/04/04 12:11 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hi Frankie! new
      #119004 - 11/04/04 12:02 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Welcome and hello! Go slow on the sfs-- it's powerful stuff and you need to start out slow. I'm so glad you found us here! Heather's diet is great, and the people here are really caring and helpful!

Nice to meet you!

~nelly~

#119168 - 11/04/04 09:29 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Hi Frankie! I do not take a SFS right now, I have not found one that my body will tolerate. So, if I eat anything other than rice, potatos, chicken, sweet peas and a few other things, my body starts to talk, , out loud !!!!!

I can't help you right now, but I want to say so many of us here have been where you are and you are not alone. I also take an antispasmodic twice a day, I don't know what I would do without it. Hope you get better soon !

Re: Frankie, where in the UK are you? -nt new
      #119371 - 11/05/04 01:22 PM
Frankie uk

Hi again, thankyou so much for replying to my desperate message - to answer your question, I come from outside London, what about you?

#119374 - 11/05/04 01:35 PM
Frankie uk

hi ATOMUC rOSE, I think you're right, I did overdo the Acacia at first, and I didn't use the right type of teaspoon either.
Trouble is, although I'm following the eating plan as best I can, I haven't taken anymore acacia so guess what, I'm c again. Will start again tonight with a really small amount - wish me luck as I really want to stabalise myself
Thanks very much and keep in touch.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 795 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1027

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review