All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Empty Stomach Problems
      #11859 - 06/17/03 08:43 AM
ColbySD

Reged: 06/09/03
Loc: San Diego, Ca

I was curious about a particular problem I seem to have, and was wondering if anyone else has it.
When my stomach starts to get hungry (rumbling, empty feeling) I seem to get alittle nausea if I don't eat immediately. If I let this go on to long the nausea gets worse and I begin to lose my appetite. It feels like there is a window of opportunity to eat, if I miss it, I may not eat the rest of the day because of the nausea. Anyone else experiance this?

Colby

--------------------
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.
--Bern Williams

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Empty Stomach Problems new
      #11860 - 06/17/03 08:50 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I experience a touch of nausea when I let myself go too long without eating. I've always been like this, even before IBS. I've now learned to keep food on hand wherever I go. I've bought a snack sized tupperware container and always keep it stocked with saltine crackers and chewable Fiber Choice tabs. I'm lucky that I'm a woman and carry a purse, cuz that's where I keep it.

I also experienced some nausea this morning after drinking my protein shake. Never felt that before, though it passed without incident in about 15 minutes or so. Ugh!

--------------------
~jules

#11865 - 06/17/03 09:13 AM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

I go from a little bit hungry to overwhelmingly nauseated very, very quickly, and if I'm too hungry when I wake up I'll wake up nauseated. I don't know what the deal is--I suspect that my blood sugar drops quickly and leaves me with nothing to fall back on. Snacking a lot is the only suggestion I can give, either. Adding a little bit of protein to each snack can help, too--it stays in your body longer, helping to stabilize your blood sugar.

#11875 - 06/17/03 10:00 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I've also always had this too, even before IBS. If I get too hungry, I get nauseaus. I just make myself eat, sometimes even just a couple of saltines to get me started, and I usually feel better.

#11876 - 06/17/03 10:15 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'm the same way, go from a little hungry to VERY nauseated very quickly! Since I've been following Heathers diet and eating smaller meals with more snacks it seems to be a little better. I do find the pepperment altoids help a little too. Unfortunately, I can't stand the taste of tea no matter how sweet I make it. If it gets real bad, I'll sit still for a few minutes and try to eat a graham cracker or two untill it passes.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#11893 - 06/17/03 01:10 PM
jenz

Reged: 05/09/03
Loc: Uk

i get this too - thought it was a problem with me lol! I get very hungry in the morning! and i seem to get hungry quickly after eating too - i try to eat small meals and snack in between on rice crackers and things but if i ge too hungry i feel realy sicky

#11896 - 06/17/03 01:16 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

These are all good suggestions. I would try eating smaller meals more frequently throughout the day. Reduce your portions, and make sure you eat something every couple or 3 hours to keep your stomach busy. Tea is also great for in between meals.
Often times, when we feel hunger we are actually dehydrated. Make sure you are getting enough fluids.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3196 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 910

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review