All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Is Mango ok during an "attack"???
      #118126 - 11/02/04 01:14 PM
karenj

Reged: 10/29/04

Something triggered an abs d attack for my daughter. She had gas last night and now she has gone like 4 times today. We did so well last week - I basically eliminated everything and am keeping a log - the problem is from what I understand something that she ate 2 days ago can affect her now so I am not sure what it is. Could be the taffy from Halloween? Mil's sauce? Lolli from yesterday?? Who knows...but anyway....from what I understand the best thing to do during an attack is to just have soluble fibers...does this go beyond the plain rice, bread and potatoes? She loves the mangoes and is hungry but I am afraid to give her too much. I also made the candied sweet potatoes before to have for dinner tonight - should I hold off on that because of the sugar??? AND I made the 5 minute pumpkin pie that I was going to serve for dessert! ugghhh..timing is everything - I didn't know she was going to be like this!!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Is Mango ok during an "attack"??? new
      #118129 - 11/02/04 01:20 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

first i just wanted to say what a fab mother you are...
its difficult for you because I judge what I am going to eat on how my tummy feels - ie is it still feeling a bit shaky etc...but you have to judge for your daughter even though you are not inside her body (a thought - maybe you can develop a scale with her where she can give a number corresponding to how her tummy feels?)..
I think the potatoes should be fine, I would hold the mango till tomorrow...like I would let her have something yummy tonight (the potatoes or pie or mango) but not all three...add the rice and bread etc...keep it gentle.
Good luck XXX

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#118183 - 11/02/04 04:14 PM
BJake66

Reged: 10/17/04
Loc: PA

maybe it was the lolly - I checked one the other day and it had dairy in it. Another one I checked had hfcs (high fructose corn syrup). I can understand where you are coming from..last year my girls were on the Feingold diet..feingold.org. Give it time. I am so proud of the effort you are putting in.

--------------------
Lisa

IBS-C, pain predominant

#118247 - 11/02/04 05:50 PM
karenj

Reged: 10/29/04

Thank you guys! You are making me feel a whole lot better about things. I feel so overwhelmed and helpless, I just wish it was me instead of her. Kids - you love 'em but they'll kill ya!

Went to the library tonight and picked up Heather's 2 books. Got alot of reading to do tonight!

#118272 - 11/02/04 07:37 PM
angela3

Reged: 07/12/04
Loc: Texas, near Fort Worth)

i was sick one time with a stomach virus and mixed with my IBS,it was an awful time. i was able to tolerate mango blended up in the blender with water. you know how they say you should do the brat diet for when you are sick (bannanas, rice, applesauce and toast), and I can't have bannanas, so I did mangoes instead and Gerber's baby applesauce (they don't put anything in it but apples). but a six year old stomach is so small, i would be very careful with how much fruit, i would introduce so soon after an attack.

good luck.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5199 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 546

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review