All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
which is worse...
      #117888 - 11/01/04 07:46 PM
turrtle

Reged: 08/22/04
Loc: Hartsville, SC

My friend and I have IBS D. We have been trying to figure out if it would be better to be IBS C. We see and hear people with the latter and we don't seem to feel they have the same pains and symptoms as us. So, the question I pose is... Is it better to be C or D? Can people with C function normally everyday? This is not meant to be discriminating or offensive in any way.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: which is worse... new
      #117894 - 11/01/04 08:15 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

Well ... I'm an IBS-A, and I lean to the C side. D is so embarrassing and keeps me from working and such and I absolutely HATE it. But from the horror stories I've heard some of the C-ers tell, I would rather it all came out and have pain, than everything they go through

But it's hard to even group C-ers and D-ers into respective groups, you know? Everyone has different symptoms. Mine is not as severe as many of the people on this board, but still is a major detriment to me. All we can do is work with what we have and try to help others.

--------------------
~*Amber*~

#117897 - 11/01/04 08:19 PM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

I agree. There have been many times I've had to stay home, lie in bed and do nothing because I'm in pain and have bloating/gas. It sucks having your stomach be huge, having the pressure inside, wishing you could just go. Sucks!

--------------------
IBS-C

#117898 - 11/01/04 08:23 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I think having both is the worst! but I would have to say D is more debilitating to me. I can still work with C but not with D and I have often been bloated and uncomfortable without being C so I will say D is worse. I get so wrung out afterward. I have the wonderful prospect of always having C after a bout with D. So that is great isn't it?

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#117904 - 11/01/04 09:00 PM
turrtle

I used to have a little trouble with constipation. It just made me feel uncomfortable but I was able to function normally. Now I'm on Zantac so I don't really get either but I'm in pain everyday. I just wish they'd get some medicine for it already!

#117905 - 11/01/04 09:05 PM
turrtle

The last time I had something make me sick, I sat on the toilet and almost passed out. I was dripping sweat and the pain is unbearable but I know there is nothing that can be done but the ER. NuLev helps a little. I'm so sore the next day I can hardly get out of bed and it takes about a week to get back to normal. I cannot work. I live with my parents so I can't even get medicaid. Life's grand!

As an IBS-A... new
      #117916 - 11/01/04 10:38 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

(which means I alternate between C and D)... and this is a fairly new thing, I was a straight IBS-D until this past spring... I can honestly say that I'd rather be C. At least I can function when I'm C, even if I'm uncomfortable. When I'm D, I can't even consider leaving the house... and usually I can't even do much around the house, I just lay in bed with the heating pad.

Being C has its own set of problems, of course, the worst of which is that it's harder to resolve - if I'm D, I can pop a couple imodium and be ok in a little while, but there's nothing I can take for C that isn't going to make matters worse. And in some respects, it's just as painful. But I'd still rather be C.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2101 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 966

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review