All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Fell off the wagon ...
      #117603 - 10/31/04 07:16 PM
dozyveeny

Reged: 09/26/04
Loc: UK

Okay, so I'm away from home and it hasn't been perfect, I've been a bit C for the last week, but quite comfortable, till yesterday when I was D, probably because of some red peppers I ate the day before, then in the evening I went a bit mad and instead of the rice and crab soup-thingy I was going to make, I had bread and cheese and salami and two glasses of champagne. And then I remembered some chocolate at the back of the cupboard and I had that too!! So I've been awake since 3am feeling uncomfortable - swollen and hot and sore. Am now drinking some hot peppermint and planning to be very good tomorrow ...

Actually, I am glad I did it - firstly, I enjoyed it, I'd be lying if I said otherwise, especially the cheese, it was a kind I hadn't had before called "The Temptation of Saint Felicien" and temptation is right! But, secondly, it has given me proof that feeling better the last few weeks hasn't just been coincidence - it really does make a difference how I eat and I would definitely rather feel like I was a couple of days ago than the way I feel right now!

I won't be home for another week/10 days but I'm going to try and stay 'safe' till then and start over when I get back ...

Sorry, long post, but there's no-one else awake here to talk to, and I needed to share this with someone!

Hope you're all feeling better than I am ...

Josephine

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Glad you're learning! new
      #117640 - 10/31/04 11:51 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

It's a process we all have to go through!

I think... new
      #117650 - 11/01/04 03:58 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

...that falling off the wagon now and then is a good thing... it's usually a very good reminder of WHY it's a bad idea to cheat! Linz is right - it's a process we all go through, some of us many, many times.

Feel better quickly!

Halloween Nightmares! new
      #117665 - 11/01/04 06:30 AM
renaanne

Reged: 09/19/04
Loc: Marietta, GA

I'm usually pretty good because I don't buy stuff I can't eat (except American cheese for the kids but I don't really like it so it's not tempting). Well, Halloween is an exception and of course I bought candy to give out. While DH and the kids went trick or treating, I sat at home handing out candy and sneaking a piece or two or three while I worked!!! I felt so icky last night at bedtime. I didn't feel so great this morning either. I'm sending the remaining candy to work with DH and the girls candy, well, I'll probably send some of theirs too so it goes away quicker!

What's sad is that while I was eating it, I was thinking this is OK, but not really worth the D I'll have in the morning and I ate it anyway!!!!

Feel better.
Rena

Re: Fell off the wagon ... new
      #117686 - 11/01/04 08:56 AM
dozyveeny

Reged: 09/26/04
Loc: UK

Yeah, Renaanne, I agree, having stuff around for other people is a problem.

"I can resist anything except temptation." (Oscar Wilde - I think ... )

Linz and Casey, thanks for your support - it means a lot to know other people understand.

Josephine

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6500 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 675

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review