All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
sicky
      #11728 - 06/15/03 01:46 PM
jenz

Reged: 05/09/03
Loc: Uk

Does anyone else feel sick sometimes striaght after they have eaten and is this to do with how much i am eating cause sometimes i get it and other times i dont

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: sicky new
      #11750 - 06/16/03 05:49 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Yes, I often feel nauseous right after I eat. Yes, it is worse when I eat too much. Try reducing your portion sizes and eat more frequently. This may help.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Yup, me too new
      #11758 - 06/16/03 07:02 AM
Gretchen

Reged: 05/30/03
Loc: Muncy, PA, USA

It's not all the time for me, only when I am going through one of my sick spells, which can last for a couple of weeks! Eating the high soluble fiber seems to have helped the sick feeling go away. Plus, I am now eating smaller amounts more times a day. (A couple of small meals and lots of nibbling thorugh the day.)

Gretchen

me too! new
      #11760 - 06/16/03 07:09 AM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

I too suffer nausea after I've eaten too much or something I shoudn't have. I eat about 6 mini meals a day,but sometimes when you eat elsewhere you have a bit too much! How come when you seem to eat the same thing all the time sometimes bam you get an attack? Most of the time I eat the same things but have an attack or what my husband calls it an episode. Not quite sure why this happens? Anyways for the nausea I go for a walk and then have a cup of peppermint tea and relax. I find that walking helps a lot!

#11765 - 06/16/03 07:51 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I, too, find that I feel a little nauseus (sp?) after I eat. But, if I get up and move around....walk, do dishes, yard work, nothing too strenuous.... just something so that I'm not sitting for long periods after I eat, it helps a lot to get the digestion started. I also eat small meals, snacks, etc. throughout the day instead of three big meals. And drink lots of water.

#11853 - 06/17/03 07:23 AM
Crow

Reged: 05/31/03
Loc: Adelaide, South Australia

Oh, how it hurts. Yes, I hurt after I eat. I assume it is due to the gastro-colic reflex. Hope you feel good!

Re: Yup, me too new
      #11895 - 06/17/03 01:16 PM
jenz

Reged: 05/09/03
Loc: Uk

glad to here its not jsut me then - thankyou all for your replies too - this website really does help me - thankyou xx

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2381 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 968

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review