All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help !Travelling abroad!!
      #11726 - 06/15/03 11:29 AM
Stevie

Reged: 06/15/03

Hi my name is Stevie I am a new member so I hope u will forgive me if I get the message board thing wrong!Will have a go anyway.Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions for how to cope with the IBS diet when abroad.I am self catering and going to Spain,but have never been abroad before.The thought of trying to find basic things like soya milk sourdough bread etc fills me with dread,and I have even thought of cancelling.Any suggestions would be really helpful.I travel on Wednesday 18th June.Thanx Stevie.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help !Travelling abroad!! new
      #11751 - 06/16/03 05:51 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Welcome. Flip over to the IBS recipe exchange. There's lots of threads concerning this topic there. Hit the search button at the top and try something like travel. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#11757 - 06/16/03 07:02 AM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

Hi Stevie; don't cancel your trip!! I to travelled abroad last month and was very excited yet anxious as to what to eat etc... I knew what I could tolerate and what not so I looked for breads such as french rolls and tortilla breads.I too wasn't sure what they would have there but I was so surprised what they did have.Most everything I could eat. I also took with me foods such as rice cakes and crackers, etc... just incase. But I brought most of it back! Have a great trip!!

#11759 - 06/16/03 07:05 AM
Peanut

Reged: 02/09/03
Loc: England

Hello there. I am not sure how long you will be there, but you could always bring some safe foods along with you if you have the space. I left a week ago for the UK and will be here another 2 weeks. Although I had a rough idea of some of the "safe" foods I could find, I still brought foods along just in case. At least you know that you will be able to find rice, white bread, corn flakes, and that sort of thing. Maybe you could have a look online for Spanish grocery store in the area you will be. As far as the flight you can see what kind of special meals they offer.

I hope that has helped a little.

Sheri

--------------------
So much baking, so little time.....

#313951 - 08/26/07 11:47 AM
sat

Reged: 08/26/07

hello im new to this, i have IBS/d and was wondering how you got on whaen you went on holiday, im going to Zante with the family in september and im so scared i will need the toilet when im waiting for the luggage, and there isnt any, could you tell me if there was any toilets when you got off the plane and was waiting for your lauggage, it sounds silly but thats my worst fear.thanks

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4414 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1927

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review