All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
new doctor worried me...
      #117225 - 10/30/04 07:59 AM
stephanielee

Reged: 08/31/04
Loc: North Carolina

I saw another doctor Wednsday, finally one who actually listened to me! The first three I saw only told me to push water and fiber, which have not been helping me. The last one even told me flat out that he did not believe I've been having problems like this at such a young age (24). Instead, I'm finally getting some tests done. I'll be having a barium swallow test, hopefully soon. But he did say he thinks it's something other than IBS because I'm only C. He said D is a classic symptom of IBS, although many people here don't have these episodes and I've read a lot about IBS with constipation. But I do have an aunt who recently had to have colon surgery; I'm trying to find out what for, I don't know the details. I'm nervous that it could be an IBD instead. Does anyone here have more information on Chrohns and colitis?

Steph

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: new doctor worried me... new
      #117233 - 10/30/04 08:32 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

go to CCFA.ORG
its the crohns and colitis foundation of America and has a ton of information out there...

Mom has crohns and it is very different from what I have with IBS... but some of the symptoms are also the same...

good luck

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Btw... new
      #117237 - 10/30/04 08:46 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...it's nonsense if he thinks C isn't part of IBS.

Re: new doctor worried me... new
      #117274 - 10/30/04 10:38 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Ok...where is that doctor that told you he didn't believe you were having these problems at the age of 24. I want to strangle him! Grrrrrrrrrr.
I was permanently constipated with ibs for TEN YEARS!!!! Not a touch of diarrhea till this summer when it switched over for a few months. LOTS of people get ibs with constipation.
Its good that you are having these tests, but don't let them make you worry...its very unlikely you will need colon surgery...
If you had crohns or colitis you would be having way more diarrhea and pain and blood in the stool, losing weight etc, in my opinion. but I may be wrong....
Please don't worry. eat gently bowel friendly foods with insoluble fibre to ease the constipation....drink lots of peppermint tea...

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2432 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 561

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review