Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
It HURTS!!!
      #117216 - 10/30/04 07:20 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi all,
I just wanted to complain for a second here 'cause, well, it's not really something I can complain about offline..
I have a fissure (tear in your (my, unfortunately) rectum) and last year I had Botox to try and fix it, but it didn't work. It's been bothering me a little for a while, but today I woke up in agony! I have no idea why it came on so suddenly, but it is hurting so bad! And wild horses couldn't drag me back to the doctor for it, last time they stuck a needle in my @$$ and it still didn't fix things!
Okay, I just wanted to feel sorry for myself for a minute 'cause it really hurts to walk.. and sit.. and stand.. and I can't exactly say why! Especially since I had to go into work today and couldn't really explain to my office when I was so uncomfortable!
If it's not one thing, it's another!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: It HURTS!!! new
      #117218 - 10/30/04 07:36 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Well YIKES!!! Hon are you sure you don't want to see the doctor!!! How long will the pain last!
<<<<<<<<<<<<BIG HUGS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hope you feel better soon!!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

You poor poor thing! new
      #117223 - 10/30/04 07:54 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Hey Steph,
Im so sorry your in so much pain, I wish I could give you a big hug!! I woke up this morning in agony with my stomach...felt like someone had blow torched my insides...but I can't imagine what you must be feeling right now! We've all had to have those horrible tests where they prod about up our @$$ but oh my god...an injection?? Id have passed out me....hope you feel better really soon...let us know how it goes...and get some rest!! Do pain killers help you at all?? Ive dosed up on paracetamol today...dont you just wish you could kill ibs!!!

--------------------
Natalie

#117226 - 10/30/04 08:01 AM
stephanielee

Reged: 08/31/04
Loc: North Carolina

I'm so sorry you're feeling so aweful! I hope you get it taken care of soon. It sounds horribly painful!!!!

Steph

YUCK! Hope its better Steph n/t new
      #117285 - 10/30/04 11:20 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

--------------------
S.

Ouch! new
      #117291 - 10/30/04 11:36 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I'm so sorry to hear, Steph. Can you see a different doctor about it so they don't stick a needle? I don't like needles as it is, but sticking a needle in your butt just sounds too painful to me!

Hope you start feeling better soon!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#117299 - 10/30/04 01:10 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Oh poor Steph,

I've never had that but it sounds so painful. Have you tried soaking in a hot bath. Also, you might want to get one of those doughnut shaped pillows with the hole in the middle to sit on. It relieves pressure on that area when you sit. I use Tucks medicated pads when that area is irritated and it seems to soothe it for me.

Don't know what else to tell you but hope there is something to help soon.

Good luck
Barbie

--------------------

#117305 - 10/30/04 01:15 PM
bellshel32

Reged: 10/28/04
Loc: Kansas, USA

I had a fissure years ago, & my doctor gave me some kind of suppositories that eventually cleared up the problem. I don't remember what kind of medicine they were, but maybe your doctor could give you something like that?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 10339 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1150

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review