All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Had an attack this morning!!!
      #117182 - 10/30/04 03:57 AM
Sophia

Reged: 10/27/04

Hey everyone,

Unfortunatly I had a bad attack this morning. Its my fault I ate badly last night. I went from having diareah to constipation and really bad trapped wind- I couldnt even move. It was scary and I realised that I make the decision to make myself ill. I am off shopping today to get the right foods in the house- no longer can I keep doing this.

It was really scary but I realise that this is all a learnign experience - I will learn from this...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Had an attack this morning!!! new
      #117183 - 10/30/04 03:59 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

It's all about the learning experiences. Unfortunately, we've all had a lot of them. LOL! I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad attack... but at least you know why it happened, and what to do to keep it from happening again (well, best as you can).

Good luck shopping today, and I hope you feel better!

#117184 - 10/30/04 05:27 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

sorry its so bad. but its a good reminder of why we need to be careful about what we eat...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#117190 - 10/30/04 05:56 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Sorry to hear you had such a rough night!! It is a learning experince and we have all been there!! It will get easier and better!!! Good luck shopping and let us know how it went!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Same happened to me!! new
      #117194 - 10/30/04 06:14 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Hey sophia,
Just to let you know you're not the only one who had a bad morning today! I decided having got through last week so well and virtually pain free (something which has very very rarely happened in the last 4 years) that I would eat half a tub of mango sorbet, 3 large glasses of cranberry juice and a large glass of mango juice...baring in mind I dont cope well at all with acidity but usually am okay with just a bit of the above...I know I over did it big time! Im suffering this morning...have already had 6 immodium and 2 paracetamol! Im meant to be going out with my uni mates tonight aswell...Im so angry I want to hit myself...Ive felt fantastic these last couple of days and now the one day when I want a night out I feel like crap....don't u just had this stupid thing!!
PS Hope you're feeling better soon xx

--------------------
Natalie

#117205 - 10/30/04 06:40 AM
Kimmy

Reged: 06/02/04
Loc: Upstate New York

So sorry you had an attack, but am glad to hear you're stocking up on safe food.

My DH can't understand how I'm never seriously tempted to stray from the diet anymore and I tell him that severe pain is the strongest motivation there is!

I'm glad you're on the right track now & hope you feel better soon.

Kim

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3268 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 542

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review