All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
oh my god!!
      #11718 - 06/15/03 07:30 AM
jenz

Reged: 05/09/03
Loc: Uk

please help - i have jsut posted a reply about colonscopy on friday! i have tests on friday too but i havent been given any liquid to drink or any stuff to take prior to gong in - the doc didnt even tel me what tests they were donig jsut gave me a hosp appointment - does this mean im having the telescope thingy put in my throat and f so can any one tell me what happens im terrified about things being stuck in my throat and have a fobia about being sick - please if anyone has any info can they let me know ! thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: oh my god!! new
      #11722 - 06/15/03 09:14 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Did he say anything about what kind of tests or why he's giving them to you?

It doesn't sound like you're getting any kind of scopes, because you always have to do something before them. Either not eat for upper, or cleaning out for lower. Plus, the sedatives they give you for scope, they won't allow you to drive afterward.

#11727 - 06/15/03 01:40 PM
jenz

thankyou for replying - has anybody any ideas what i could be going in for then - i have to take in a urine sample and any medication that i am on! i wish my doctor had explained it better

#11795 - 06/16/03 12:32 PM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

Dear Jenz,

I agree, it doesn't sound like you're going to have a 'scope of any kind since they've not given you instructions about preparation. However, to be on the safe side, can you call either the doctor's office or hospital to find out exactly what tests are to be done? The hospital appointment book should list a specific test or reason for your appointment, such as "colonoscopy" or "rule out xxxxx". It will relieve your mind to know exactly what they're planning - and you want to be sure that no one has "missed the boat" by not giving you proper pre-appointment instructions. I'm sure you don't want to waste the appointment. Praying they'll gladly give you the info you need!

Blessings,
Kaybee C

#11899 - 06/17/03 01:21 PM
jenz

thankyou for your replies - i rang the hospital and it turns out that im just having a consultation first appointment - why they didnt tell me this they caused me days of worrying which cause my ibs to completely trigger off ! oh well thanks again guys
jen

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3964 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 835

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review