All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I wonder if anyone here remembers me? And offerring Heather's book
      #116490 - 10/27/04 05:34 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Hi all! I wonder if anyone here remembers me? At a glance I recognize Ruchie and Hansolo, didn't look too far down to see if any other familiar faces are still around. This is Michelle and I spent a GREAT deal of time here a while back, guess it's been over a year ago now. If anyone wants to see how the kids have grown here's our photo album: http://pages.ivillage.com/jedimommy/ I am doing a lot better these days, thank heaven. I wanted to offer my copy of Heather's book to anyone new, email me if you're interested: ecmmbm@carolina.rr.com I really benefitted from it and from everyone here, but over the long haul I don't need it because I turned out to have a lot more going on than IBS. I still follow a lot of the basic tenets, though I have to tweak things some now. Well, it's good to poke my head in and I'll hang on to this book a while in case anyone is interested in a gently used copy, otherwise maybe I'll try to learn how to sell stuff on eBay (keep saying I'm going to but never have!)
Love to all,
Michelle

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Michelle!!!!!!!!!!!! *hugs* new
      #116512 - 10/27/04 06:57 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Of COURSE we remember you! We missed you SUPER MUCH!

I was gonna post something to you the other day...but I wasn't sure you'd ever see it.....if only I'd known....

How ARE YOU?! It sounds like things are better for you now...that makes me SO HAPPY! *hugs*

Gotta go...but I will look at fam pictures soon!

WE LOVE YOU MICHELLE!!!!!

Love,

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: I wonder if anyone here remembers me? And offerring Heather's book new
      #116513 - 10/27/04 07:08 PM
court10

Reged: 10/06/04

Just curious, what other things did you have going on that caused your symptoms?

Someone has claimed the book, everybody. To answer your ? though new
      #116573 - 10/28/04 03:47 AM
ecmmbm

I went thruogh all the scopes as Heather wisely suggests. Even though I've had IBS type symptoms my whole life this particular period stood out as "different". Pain did not subside with defacation comes to mind, for one thing. I was losing a lot of weight. Anyway, they found I had gastritis in my stomach which has to be treated. And I had colon polyps which I now have to be rechecked for every 3 years. On top of all that the abdominal CT scan found problems around my ovaries/uterus and I had to have a hysterectomy (thank God we were "done" having kids). I still follow much of Heather's protocol but my oldest son has a type of autism and does tons better with that (as well as physically) when we keep him completely off gluten and some other things, too... I can't cook different things for everyone so I follow his diet too and find I feel much better, still of course peeling and cooking all fruits/veggies, etc etc... One note, I can handle dairy but ONLY by using the homemade yogurt I make for him! It ferments 24 hours and breaks down everything so that it is quite easily digested and also has great probiotics.

Well, I think Heather's right-on here, I just didn't need my book anymore as I'm full up with cook books for what he needs and what I need fits into that, too.

Take care all,
Michelle

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle

Michelle new
      #116585 - 10/28/04 06:01 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Of course, I remember you! How could I forget the other Charlotte poster? I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing. I'm glad you are doing better. It's nice to hear from you!

Gosh, your kids have grown. They are precious!---nt--- new
      #116587 - 10/28/04 06:03 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

#116611 - 10/28/04 07:15 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Welcome back!! I remember you and even put out a "Missing in action" post on you about 6-8 months ago...hehehe

I'm off to the office so I will have to read more of your post and look at the kids later.

{{hugs}}

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#116706 - 10/28/04 11:36 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Great to hear from you! I'm so glad you dropped in to see us all. Take care, love Han.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#116730 - 10/28/04 12:53 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Welcome back!! I remember you and even put out a "Missing in action" post on you about 6-8 months ago...hehehe

I'm off to the office so I will have to read more of your post and look at the kids later.

{{hugs}}

The kids are just aforable they take after their parents.... mommy is one pretty lady.... your smile and your hair, I just love them.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Ditto what Shell said! new
      #116738 - 10/28/04 01:08 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Of course we remembr you! Wow - your kids got so big and so adorable! Glad to hear you're doing better and hope you'll still drop in on the boards.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#116748 - 10/28/04 01:20 PM
Sunshyne

Reged: 10/26/04
Loc: San Antonio

you have a GORGEOUS family!! love your pics!

Gee - you guys sure make a person feel good!!! new
      #116775 - 10/28/04 02:50 PM
ecmmbm

It's nice to "see" everyone, I've just been so busy. I will have to make a point to pop my face in here though, I don't know when I've ever met so many nice people in one place. I hope all of you are feeling well these days (most of time, anyway, best we can hope for, right?).

Love,

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle

#117996 - 11/02/04 08:19 AM
Sunshyne

Reged: 10/26/04
Loc: San Antonio

Hi again... I got the book yesterday, have started to kind of skim through it:) thanks

I've asked DH to read it too, so he knows what will be going on, and can pick out some of the recipes. It seems like a very wonderful book so far!!

Thanks again!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 550 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1569

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review