All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Getting discouraged... new
      #116086 - 10/26/04 04:04 PM
debaver

Reged: 06/27/04

I wouldn't rule out dairy as a problem just, because you were able to eat it for a few days. My experience is that the "trigger" foods don't always cause a problem if I'm in a stretch of having a good stomach, though they can bounce me from good stomach to bad stomach, and they definitely aggravate things when I'm in a stretch of having a bad stomach. (Like before my period, when I have symptoms no matter how carefully I eat.) The acacia was a help for me. Though even so, it was a good month, two bad months, a good month and then a bad month. But that's better then feeling lousy 24/7 which was where I was before. Good luck to you.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Welcome, Jacqui new
      #116117 - 10/26/04 05:41 PM
stephanielee

Reged: 08/31/04
Loc: North Carolina

Sorry I can't really help you in this area. I am C, but you've gotten great replies. Everyone here is very understanding and willing to help each other out. Feel free to ask us anything! I'm glad you found us.

Hope you feel better soon.
Steph

#116193 - 10/27/04 02:50 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Start a SFS and keep going! It can take a while to see a real difference. And cut out dairy! You might be able to tolerate some, but until you've started to stabilise, you want to give your GI as easy a time as you can and dairy ain't that easy for a normal body to digest.

#116234 - 10/27/04 07:20 AM
NikkiZ52

Reged: 05/16/04

I would start taking a fiber supplement...that is what has helped me the most!! Try not to get too discouraged, I had to stay on Imodium for a while until my body adjusted! Also, make sure you try different fiber supplements if the first one does not seem to help you in a week. I have tried a number of them, and have found that powder metamucil works the best for me...it is really trial and error...hang in there!!!!! Keep us updated.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4782 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2639

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review