All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Lentils and Pain
      #115690 - 10/25/04 01:05 PM
emrbtrfly

Reged: 04/22/04

Hi Friends,
I ate a yummy lentil soup (Amy's) for lunch today and about 2 hours later I noticed the familiar creeping in of gas pain. In less than an hour I was in excruciating pain to the point where I had to lie down on the floor. I got a headache and my thoughts were fuzzy. Is it really possible for my body to digest (or not digest) those lentils that quickly and build up that much gas in only a few short hours? Could it have been from something I ate for breakfast? I want so badly for it to be something else because I really liked the soup!! Plus, I ate a lentil salad a week ago with no problems, at least like this. Any ideas or help please?

Time to go do some yoga move to get the gas a movin!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Lentils and Pain new
      #115704 - 10/25/04 01:23 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

well...lentil soup makes me very gasy!!! it even makes my husbands steel guts gasy!!! I know its so annoying because its so yummy and nutritious!!! and it def starts as soon as I have finished eating it!!! boooooooo

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#115717 - 10/25/04 01:37 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

It is definitely possible for the lentils to be the cause of your gas problem. Check out this page where Heather explains how your digestive system works: web page.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#115732 - 10/25/04 02:14 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

of all the beans I eat- lentils are the worst and they are the only one I've completely removed from my diet! too much INSOLUBLE fiber and too hard to digest

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#115797 - 10/25/04 05:24 PM
stephanielee

Reged: 08/31/04
Loc: North Carolina

Hi Emrbtrfly. I once tried eating lentil soup for dinner; I took only two bites and instantly felt stomach pain. I didn't think this was possible, thought it may have been the half tuna sandwich I ate right before it so I put the soup away and tried eating it for lunch the next day. Same thing happened: took two bites and WHAM! Major pains again. It is weird. Too bad, it tasted so yummy!

Steph

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2296 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2806

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review