All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Try this link!!! new
      #115918 - 10/26/04 08:44 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

http://www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=diet&Number=107637&fpart=&PHPSESSID=
Here is a link that is good. It is all about AD's how they hav worked for people!! Good luck!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Stephanielee new
      #115940 - 10/26/04 10:23 AM
a4men

Reged: 07/19/04

I know exactly how you feel. I have been on probiotics forever. You can build up to 6 a day (some directions say on empty stomach). I take 2AM, 2 PM, 2 before bed. For the past 3 weeks I've been on Konsyl Fiber Supplement. The results have been amazing! It's not easy to drink (I mix it in grape juice), but worth it! I took acacia for months and it helped for a while, then went to Citrucel...same thing. You might look into it. Good luck. Amy

Hi Amy new
      #115961 - 10/26/04 11:01 AM
stephanielee

Reged: 08/31/04
Loc: North Carolina

Okay, good. I was a bit worried about getting too much Acidophilus, as I started taking two pills twice a day. I've never heard of Konsyl Fiber, though. Where do you get it and what is it made of? How many grams of fiber per dose?
Thank you for replying.

Steph

Re: IBS-C'er SEEKING SUPPORT..please don't let this get bumped down! new
      #115969 - 10/26/04 11:14 AM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

Hi Stephanielee,

I take two Acidophilus every day and have been for at least six months. It gives my body good gut flora and that is what our colons need, I intend to take it for as long as I have IBS-A; and we know what that means!

When you go to the Clinic voice your feelings. If you are not already on an AD ask the Clinician to prescribe one for you. Most docs think that IBS is all in our minds and we are just having emotional problems which causes our stomachs to act up - yeah right!!!!!!!

If you are not on an SFS, please start taking one and eat plenty of SOLUBLE and INSOUBLE fiber. You will feel better.

Good luck.

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

Hi Sheryl new
      #115970 - 10/26/04 11:14 AM
stephanielee

Thank you for the probiotic info; I didn't know to take breaks from it. Today i'm starting over to get stabalized with the "what to eat when you can't eat anything diet". I've had so much pain and the laxatives I took in desperation made my insides feel raw and tender. My GI tract definately needs a vacation. lol

Steph

THANKS LENE! -nt- new
      #115973 - 10/26/04 11:16 AM
stephanielee

Re: Hi Michele new
      #115976 - 10/26/04 11:19 AM
stephanielee

Thanks and good luck to you!!

Steph

THANKS HEATHER! -nt- new
      #115981 - 10/26/04 11:21 AM
stephanielee

Re: IBS-C'er SEEKING SUPPORT..please don't let this get bumped down! new
      #115996 - 10/26/04 11:43 AM
jenny22a

Reged: 10/26/04

I have IBS with gastritis. So I changed my diet. But then I would get constipated and be in terrible pain. I didn't like any fiber that I had tried. But then I found the one thing that has helped me the most so I wanted to share it with others. It is made by Kellogg's its called All~Bran Brown suger cinnamon bars. They are like a granola bar, but they have the bran cereal, rice, and oatmeal in them and they taste GREAT. They also have one that is honey flavored.
They have 20% of the daily value for fiber. I only have to eat one a day for it to make me regular. This works for me but I can't say for sure it will work for you. You can find these in your grocery store in the cereal bar isle.

Hi jenny22a! Welcome, glad you found us! new
      #116121 - 10/26/04 06:02 PM
stephanielee

Wow. I tried those last thursday and had eaten one/day until yesterday. I think they are what made my C and bloat even worse. Maybe not, though; I didn't eat one today and my condition has not improved. I will wait and see. I do love All Bran cereal, though, eat it almost every morning and have for years! Thanks for the reply.
Steph

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2968 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6138

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review