All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Mary mary! new
      #120894 - 11/11/04 07:25 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

hey there..ok...breakfast sounds good! why don't you try, instead of the applesauce, to peel and chop up a raw apple and put that in your oatmeal (or eat it on the side after the oatmeal)...thats more insol for you (but don't risk the skin yet!).
I find sushi calming but extremley constipating is the truth. I would make myself some brown rice, and saute some safe vegies in it - this is an example of what I find easy to digest - some olive oil in a pan, clove or two of garlic, carrot pieces and asparagus pieces...saute till soft, add to the rice and eat!!!
You didn't say what you have for dinner but here is a suggestion - take butternut squash, pumpkins, sweet potato, normal potato with skin, carrots, garlic, celery and onions (put the celery and onions in in big chunks because you are going to remove them after cooking so they don't hurt your belly) cook all till soft. remove onion and celery. put all the vegies in a blender and add a pinch of nutmeg and some cinnamon (salt and pepper too) to taste. It is the most amazing soup and a great way to eat lots of vegies. you can put barley inside too! or more brown rice.
A huge baked potato with the skin is a wonderful way to do a poo.
Try to drink tea away from meals because drinking lots of liquid with meals makes me bloated!
Try and get some nut butter to put on your bread, its a very nutritious form of fibre as long as you don't have too much because of the fat content.
Try this!!! and let me know what you normally have for dinner!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Daliatree! new
      #120901 - 11/11/04 07:41 AM
marymary

Reged: 11/01/04
Loc: Zurich, Switzerland

You're an angel! Thanks for the tips! I will try them out and let you know how I get on! Dinner - usually chicken or fish and some steamed veggies and some rice. Or pasta and a tomato sauce. I love cooking, but I am starting to HATE eating. Thanks for the avoiding-drinking-with-food. I usually never drink with my food except for during breakfast, but I think I might have to change that routine a bit. Maybe have a glass of water before the excercise and then have a cup of tea when I get to work? Question: I tried the enteric peppermint capsules once, but got such a reflux with them I thought I would never breathe normally again. Would you suggest them? I had them after dinner. Thanks again - I can't tell you how grateful I am.

Re: Daliatree! new
      #120903 - 11/11/04 07:46 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Its my pleasure darling!! I would recommend drinking one to two cups of peppermint tea on waking..it may mean you may have to change your schedule but having it on an empty stomach really really used to help me go! I take the peppermint caps and never got reflux, but I haven't used heathers yet, only ones I bought in the shop and heathers smell so strong I am scared!
Please, for now, stop the white rice and pasta and replace it with brown rice...I KNOW its going to help you!!
You MUST let me know how it is all going, every step!!
lots of love

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Re: Daliatree! new
      #120907 - 11/11/04 07:57 AM
marymary

Reged: 11/01/04
Loc: Zurich, Switzerland

Again - thank you. I will get back to you and let you know about my progress (at least I hope!). Yes, no more white pasta and rice for me. Love brown rice so going back to that. Ok, peppermint tea on empty stomach. Will try that tomorrow morning(work day soon over here!). Thanks daliatree. Much love, mary

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3397 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10994

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review